UNID French ID 92.6

Post your unidentified DX catches here
John Faulkner, Skegness

UNID French ID 92.6

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness »

Heard in this morning's French tropo.

https://app.box.com/s/8gh3xk4t00t9jv9l2pfv6qubr3xqu1o6

"Radio ?". Seems to consist of four syllables, ending in "dy/die". Nothing listed with this kind of name so maybe a slogan.

Thanks.

John Faulkner, Skegness

Re: UNID French ID 92.6

I'm bumping this one up as I would like a confirmation of a suggestion made by Nick Gilly. He thinks the ID is "Radio Tropiques" from Paris. I am not disputing this but would like a second opinion. I hate to do this as it's almost a kick in the teeth to Nick, who is usually spot on with these things. I just cannot hear this myself and want to be absolutely sure before logging it as 100%.

Thanks.

John Faulkner, Skegness

Thank you to Lucas in France who says that there is no actual ID in this recording. Just a simple DJ link between songs.

Inconnu25

Post by Inconnu25 »

Hello.

There is no Radio FG on 92.6, There is a Fun Radio on this frequency in Saint-Raphaël and an NRJ in Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire.

Or if not a category B radio like Radio Tropiques (Paris) or Magic programme Alouette from Limoges.

Or an associative radio station like Enjoy 33 in Bordeaux.

What radio did you receive at that time?

I also heard talk on the recording, either it was this UNID or another radio station, if it is the second case then I guess France Inter.

John Faulkner, Skegness

Hello.

Thanks for listening to my recording.

There was a tropo to northern and north-west France on this morning. I came in very late and I suspect that conditions were much better earlier. Alas, I am not an early riser so I often miss these early openings.

Conditions at the time had Brest TDF outlets at RDS level and the main transmitters at Rennes and Le Mans were also received, though weakly. The only other frequency of interest at this time was 93.2 where I received Classic 21 from Bruxelles. I wondered if this could be a station from Wallonia but nothing is listed, apart from a 'PLANNED' PUR Radio 1. I wonder if it could be that, now on air.

There really aren't many clues here.

Return to “Unidentified?”