1470 daytimer signing off

General Discussion
John Faulkner, Skegness

1470 daytimer signing off

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 13 Sep 2019 09:16

1470.0011 at 23:30.

Seems to be a music station, but with OM web address and possible advert mentioning radio and TV. Or was this an ID? The tone in the man's voice suggests it might be a religious broadcaster, but that is speculation. Do I hear a mention of "Redbacks" and "radio" in there, plus I thought I heard something resembling a WPBS ID before the signal drops at exactly 23:30. It's too weak, but maybe you have a clearer version of this ....

https://app.box.com/s/ymzke4mm35d6jrv6t4wpo3vur4qav8ei

simbeav

Re: 1470 daytimer signing off

Post by simbeav » 13 Sep 2019 09:55

Sorry John - Unable to help.

I have the same station, but under even more noise than your signal.

From your recording, I get what sounds like "redbacks" and the "radio TV and Internet" and "media".

Then, I think he says "....town radio network".
But no ID, I'm afraid.

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 13 Sep 2019 11:53

Thanks Simon. I'll put this one over to RealDX. I can't imagine I am the only person who received this. David?

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 13 Sep 2019 15:12

Looks like this may be WBTX Broadway-Timberville VA. I think that's the call I am hearing at 1:02. Entering WPBS, as I initially thought I'd heard, into Topaz, only brings up WBTX.

WBTX have a web stream, so I will try to remember to record their closedown announcements later..

simbeav

Post by simbeav » 15 Sep 2019 10:00

John - This one is truly frustrating.

I am SURE that you heard WBTX. It was there again this morning just before sign-off and all I could catch was "Worldwide Box 5526". Box 5526 is the address of Unicor Global in Arlington VA.

Still no ID, but it is surely pointing to WBTX.

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 16 Sep 2019 12:54

Thanks Simon.

Everybody on RealDX who has commented (That's three people.) seem to agree that it's definitely WBTX, with the exception of one person who seems to be doing his utmost to police this situation, a little unfairly if I may say so, and has stated that there is zero evidence to support my claim. He doesn't just do this to me, so I do not feel like I am being singled out. There is a little history involved here between me and the MWC which I won't go into.

However, a DXer in Norway has gone to some trouble and has sent me his recording, made at the same time and on the same day. He feels that I have definitely had WBTX. I am yet to check the recording. My computer is in use at the moment making a lengthy recording so I can't check right now. I have just got back from my girlfriend's where I have made further Asiatic recordings. Again, I have not been able to check those recordings yet.

So, have to confess that I initially could hear the WBTX call in my recording, but the following day I couldn't. Then I heard it again later. So it demonstrates the difficulty with this very, very weak signal, hence the need to exercise care.

Your comments yesterday have further added to my belief that this is definitely WBTX, so thank you for your this - very much appreciated.

RealDX is a great group and there are so many helpful people there. I don't mind sticking it out if I feel it's something worth striving towards, but I often feel that I need to be very careful when making a post there. I don't like to dwell on something too long, and this post has probably overstayed its welcome. Nevertheless, I will check the recording sent to me by a Norwegian DXer this morning and post as soon as I can.

tvdxrools

Post by tvdxrools » 16 Sep 2019 15:54

WOW you got 3 people to comment on realdx , you must be a hardcore dxer John lol , havent rec at that time john for a few days as to be honest i cant be bothered with so many files to go through so just doing from 04z David

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 16 Sep 2019 16:01

I know the feeling David. Never enough time here. I don't even get chance to read through all the messages on here anymore.

Just to add, I have listened to the recording which was sent to me and they definitely had the same station as me. Their signal was marginally better, but I still couldn't quite hear the ID. But apparently there is a mention of SONShine Radio in my recording, which is one of the sponsors of WBTX, so it has to be them. I am logging this now as "Presumed", even though I really ought to be logging as 100% now.

Yes, RealDX. Some great folk over there, but the odd one or two are still insistent that there must be at least four IDs in there, one of which MUST be the FM frequency, there must be a mailing address, a phone number, a commercial, a reference to the city of licence, a presenters name, a programme promo, and above all, sufficient clarity on the call letters as to make us wonder why on earth we posted the recording in the first place. :lol:

Got to be certain though. Nothing wrong with that.

Return to “Medium Wave & Long Wave”