87.8 The Rock (London) received via tropo in Southampton

All things pirate radio! MW, FM, 48 metres, etc.
sleeper77

87.8 The Rock (London) received via tropo in Southampton

Post by sleeper77 » 28 Dec 2018 22:32

I got this here on Boxing Day. I had to go to my favourite tropo location to receive it otherwise France would have been heard instead.

https://youtu.be/kN7LsbaY-dM

KnobTwiddler

Re: 87.8 The Rock (London) received via tropo in Southampton

Post by KnobTwiddler » 29 Dec 2018 13:22

The Rock is a pain in the arse here on 87.8 as it's an end stop signal, OFCOM take them off and they just keep coming back.
There are also carriers just left on for months, Rude FM have been off the air for ages but they still keep a carrier running on 88.2.
The same goes for S-Dance on 96.1 and Mega Radio London on 91.5... it's a case of this is our frequency and you ain't gonna use it.

We have another bloody African pirate on 96.4 and the bloody thing has a sprog on 144.750 MHz in the 2 mtr Amateur Band and it's causing problems in parts of London... they have been reported to OFCOM and have been taken off several times, but again they keep coming back and causing interference to Amateur frequencies. :evil:
AirSpy HF+ SDR + Full-wave FM Loop + Home-brew Mini Whip for LW/MW/HF + 9:1 Balun + Whip Aerial
Yamaha T-D500 Tuner For DAB
Alinco DX-R8 Comms Rx
Tecsun PL-880
Yaesu FT-897D+FT-2900
Icom IC-706 MkII+IC-2200H
Anytone AT-588 for 70Mhz

zach_m

Re: 87.8 The Rock (London) received via tropo in Southampton

Post by zach_m » 29 Dec 2018 18:46

KnobTwiddler wrote:
29 Dec 2018 13:22
The Rock is a pain in the arse here on 87.8 as it's an end stop signal, OFCOM take them off and they just keep coming back.
There are also carriers just left on for months, Rude FM have been off the air for ages but they still keep a carrier running on 88.2.
The same goes for S-Dance on 96.1 and Mega Radio London on 91.5... it's a case of this is our frequency and you ain't gonna use it.

We have another bloody African pirate on 96.4 and the bloody thing has a sprog on 144.750 MHz in the 2 mtr Amateur Band and it's causing problems in parts of London... they have been reported to OFCOM and have been taken off several times, but again they keep coming back and causing interference to Amateur frequencies. :evil:
I too getting an empty carrier on 96.1. I thought it was a local interference but, apparently, certainly not if others are getting it too. I received The Rock96 only once, but I have received plenty of others pirate signals here in Hatfield. Many of then has been raided by Ofcom and they are just the past. I can only imagine that FM DX in London would be a nightmare. Well.. Hatfield is not a paradise island neither.
YouTube: Zach-FMDX
E-mail: contact@fmdx.info

Return to “Pirate Radio”