(correction) RSL 87.7 Goodwood Radio received in Hampshire

sleeper77

(correction) RSL 87.7 Goodwood Radio received in Hampshire

Post by sleeper77 » 11 Jul 2018 18:44

Doing some testing, signal is weak.

KnobTwiddler

Re: RSL testing in Hampshire: 87.7 Cowes Radio

Post by KnobTwiddler » 11 Jul 2018 23:59

Not much chance of hearing the RSL here in London on that frequency. We already have 'The Wimbledon Radio Channel', plus a pirate which I think is called Gemini [Edit]: the pirate is not Gemini it's called 'The Rock 926' that came up on top of Wimbledon a few hours ago, then at the weekend we have Brands FM from Brands Hatch then there is RTL France and Radio 10 from The Netherlands... if Cowes Radio gets through that lot it would be quite a catch. :D
AirSpy HF+ SDR + Full-wave Loop for FM + Home-brew Mini Whip for LW/MW/HF or 9:1 Balun + Whip Aerial
Yamaha T-D500 Tuner For DAB - Alinco DX-R8 Comms Rx - Tecsun PL-880 & ICR-110
Yaesu FT-897D - Icom IC-2200H - Anytone AT-588 for 70Mhz

sleeper77

Re: (correction) RSL 87.7 Goodwood Radio received in Hampshire

Post by sleeper77 » 12 Jul 2018 06:47

My bad on the first report. It is actually "Goodwood Radio" for the Festival Of Speed this weekend. Managed to get better reception this morning. This is the first time I have received it at home, so they must have either upped the power of the TX or changed the transmitting path this year as conditions at the time of typing this are below average for tropo. The only way I could receive it in the past here in Hampshire is by going to my favourite tropo spot on a hill about 5 miles away from home.
Cowes Radio is not on until the first week of August which is when the regatta at the Isle Of Wight is scheduled to be on which they usually cover.

KnobTwiddler

Re: (correction) RSL 87.7 Goodwood Radio received in Hampshire

Post by KnobTwiddler » 12 Jul 2018 13:05

Ah, I wondered why I couldn't find Cowes Radio on the OFCOM RSL list. Goodwood Radio is only on the air until the 15th, so still no chance of hearing it here - Wimbledon will still be on the air until Monday the 16th. At least OFCOM have got rid of the pirate 'The Rock 962' this morning, but I have now lost 87.6 to Indian music from one of these mini iPod transmitters that keep popping up at the bottom of the band.

I think that I am going give up on Band II, the band is just chock-a-block with stations here in London and it doesn't help that I am about 200 ft asl on the side of a hill facing central London. :(
AirSpy HF+ SDR + Full-wave Loop for FM + Home-brew Mini Whip for LW/MW/HF or 9:1 Balun + Whip Aerial
Yamaha T-D500 Tuner For DAB - Alinco DX-R8 Comms Rx - Tecsun PL-880 & ICR-110
Yaesu FT-897D - Icom IC-2200H - Anytone AT-588 for 70Mhz

Return to “VHF Band 2, OIRT & DAB”