1395 kHz – LPAM non-stop music NL without any ID

Post your unidentified DX loggings here
PFM907

1395 kHz – LPAM non-stop music NL without any ID

Post by PFM907 » 28 Dec 2017 12:40

Heard a mixture of past English-language classics (mostly 80s music such as Modern Talking), typical dutch folk and schlager (also in German) on 1395 AM last night. Reception between 8 o'clock and 3 in the morning without ANY jingle-ID during these seven hours. Very nice audio, warmly modulated and strong signal. Px. was non-stop with fade-in / fade-out between the songs, almost professional (at least semi-professional because this station does not call out its name not even once). At the same time, tons of NL pirates could be heard on well-known frequencies such as 1615, 1620, 1629, 1638 (plus one greek 1663). But I rather think this one is an official one: :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW29zDRrt58

Any idea if this was Den Akker or Seebreeze or Buize AM or Atlantis or QAM or Cupra or Grooistad...??? :roll:

I recommand this to everybody who is interested in dutch and german music.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paradisefm - Malta's N° 1 in dance and electronic
qths: Sliema MLT / Bavaria / Nth GER / Keitum-Sylt

useful: mwlist.org / intervalsignals.net / asiawaves.net / fmlist.org

PFM907

Re: 1395 kHz – LPAM non-stop music NL without any ID

Post by PFM907 » 31 Dec 2017 11:39

yesterday, I heard "Immer wieder Sonntags" (=every sunday) by Cindy & Bert on this station, also "Me and you and a dog named Boo" in a dutch (or German) version (I do not remember for sure).
the day before, they played Walk of Life by Dire Straits, followed by "Marmor Stein & Eisen bricht" by Drafi Deutscher, I have also recognized "Die die immer lacht" (Kerstin Ott) and "Pour un flirt.

A really nice, unusual musical selection. I would really like to know if they have any internet livestream in better quality than AM. Still no idea (or ID) bout this station. I wonder who they are... Great music, but no presentation, ads or jingles. (that's why it makes it so nice to listen to, but so hard to identify)

satnipper

Post by satnipper » 31 Dec 2017 11:43

Energy Power from Dublin has been on 1395 all the holiday period. During the week they have been relaying Fun Radio Dublin. Weekends revert back to the Energy ID.

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » 31 Dec 2017 11:44

That explains why there was news in English at the top of the hour when I was listening to this frequency. Station or stations from Netherlands also heard at my QTH playing the usual polka.

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 31 Dec 2017 11:57

I never thought this one would be from UK or IRE as there was so many dutch and german music. I am gonna try again today.
the signal was strong but I did not recognize any news, unfortunately.

there were many free radio activities / zendamateurs yesterday, too.

like 1635 "Radio De Keizer"
or 1615 "Blue Bird Radio"

satnipper

Post by satnipper » 31 Dec 2017 12:05

I'm sure your station is not Energy. Its format is pop/rock music - certainly no slager!

Stuart

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » 31 Dec 2017 12:55

No no, what I said was I did receive a station with English news as well as the Dutch station playing their usual Polka on the same frequency. I am fully aware Energy would not play something of the sort.

satnipper

Post by satnipper » 31 Dec 2017 17:25

Sleeper - my comment was not directed at you.

Brookman Spark

Post by Brookman Spark » 31 Dec 2017 18:56

PFM907 wrote:
31 Dec 2017 11:39
I wonder who they are
Assuming you are listening live why not check the web streams for the 1395 LPAM stations to get a match? They are listed and mostly web linked here:

http://radio-tv-nederland.nl/am/am.html

You won't find Atlantis there though. That one closed a while back and morphed into Seabreeze.

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » 31 Dec 2017 22:19

satnipper wrote:
31 Dec 2017 17:25
Sleeper - my comment was not directed at you.
Np.

Just listening now to 1395 & both the Dutch & Irish stations are being very polite taking turns.

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 02 Jan 2018 19:48

I see the following ones are listed for 1395 AM:

Loostad
Cupra
Seabreeze
Mistique
Denakker
Happy AM
Q-AM
Barkey

It is not Loostad, they are using jingles (instead of non-stop mx).
It is not Happy AM, too – they play a different kind of music.

The website of Seabreeze and QAM dont work on my device, they remain blank.

Denakker might be, musical selection fits.

the others dont have any homepage / livestream at all...

Julius63

Post by Julius63 » 23 Feb 2018 21:44

Sorry for late reaction. I have been doing some research. The music is typical for Dutch stations,so it must be one of the Dutch lowpower AM stations. Q AM or Seabreeze are not likely as they have a 80's and rockformat respectively. I will contnue thinking on this one
Receivers:
General: Grundig satellit 650, Lowe HF-225, Tecsun PL660
FM; Degen De1103
DAB: Akai ADB10(2x), Nikkei ADB10, Technisat.
All with telescope antenna. I use a home-built(not by myself, :D ) Loopantenna on the satellit for mediumwave

Julius63

Post by Julius63 » 23 Feb 2018 21:51

Studio denakker could be a very likely option! Were you listening in north Germany? they broadcast on the north eastern border of the Netherlands, roughly near the german city of Meppen and their music choice is the same as you describe! On their website you'll find their e-mail and mobile number so you can mail or whatsapp the music-titles you heard and maybe they can identify
Receivers:
FM; Degen De1103
All with telescope antenna. I use a home-built(not by myself, :D ) Loopantenna on the satellit for mediumwave

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 24 Feb 2018 08:58

Yes I suppose it could be them. Anyway, proof is still missing. It is the most powerful and closest to the German border station on 1395. However, they do unfortunately not think about responding to any email. I have written them a few weeks ago and sent them a link to one of my recordings but I never received any answer although I speak perfecty dutch. Reception was in the 24.... area (Zip code) from Nth Ger. Too bad this station does never give any ID or jingle. I heard some male presenter like 3 weeks ago but he did not mention the name of the station. Presentation was in typical "AM pirate" style. I have added their webstream to my wifi box so I am now able to compare the music 1 by 1 if this channel pops up again. I like this style of music a lot as they have a powerful ("krachtige modulatie") sound on AM, this fits perfectly to medium wave.

There is another one on 828 called Hotradio hits, they do not reply to any email, as well. I wonder why those stations give any contact details on their website as it seems they are not interested in correspondance or listeners´feedback. This is a very sad development which I have also recognized from several overseas foreign / int. services of the big public stations. Never mind, our hobby is slowly dying by digitalization and especially by financial cuts in the QSL departments. Looks like there is no further use in listening to far-away station as they do not want to know about propagation, do not broadcast for us here, do not have any clue on physics and airwaves (at least it seems), do not want to verify or cannot, are generally not interested.

Also no reply from IRRS (although they advertise an address for RR on air!), I AM Radio, Radio Poland, Studio X....

Julius63

Post by Julius63 » 25 Feb 2018 12:29

a pity, as their website invites listeners to contact them! It could be a language problem as I do remember , if I am correctly, that 828 does reply to Dutch listeners. I'll ask some people who are in the know.
Receivers:
FM; Degen De1103

Return to “Unidentified?”