mobile DX gear for sale

For everything "Off Topic"! Here you can discuss, rant, rave, in fact talk about anything non radio-related. Forum etiquette rules still apply.
Tim Bucknall

mobile DX gear for sale

Post by Tim Bucknall » 05 Nov 2018 15:00

Now nobody in the family is well enough to drive
I have no use for these

Triple base magmount for CB whip- used only twice!
If you can collect I might let you have it free, otherwise make me an offer that includes postage costs for a heavy item

Reuter electronic rdr pocket standalone sdr
All mode 0-30, 50-71, 87.5-108 , 136-156 & DAB+ 174-240mhz . Please Google "rdr pocket" for specs.
(With GPS)
Despite the frequency limitations above you can see carriers outside these ranges, for instance you can see R1, R3 & R4 video carriers when they're present

Note you can NOT use this as an FM portable with a whip due to qrm from the full colour fft spectrum display
You must use an external aerial like I did in the car or ensure adequate seperation between ant and Rx
Contains rechargeable internal battery for dxpeditions
I paid £1200 for it
It's probably as hardcore a standalone mobile Rx as you can get . Has carrier monitoring capabilities. Smallest tuning step is 0.5hz
User defineable step, will accept 8.33, 6.25 etc.

NFM bandwidth continuously variable from 50hz- 20khz
WFM bandwidths 50, 60,80, 120, 240, 300khz
(The 20khz NFM bandwidth can be used for dxing German stations)

Accurate throughout its range and rock solid stability
Would suit serious dxpeditioning, see my summer 2018 Wales bandscans for an idea of how well it performed with modest aerials.
stunningly effective noise rejection in ECSS mode

Records audio or very narrow I/Q files to the internal hard drive and transfer them to pc wirelessly for playback or analysis

Email tim.bucknall@gmail.com I don't check the board regularly as I'm at the hospice most days

There's also a uniden handheld scanner 25-1300 just a few months old, was bought for a Dxpedition that never happened.

Sharman Skyscan aerial w/ mag mount free to anyone who will collect it, can't be mailed
Home:Burkhardt Reuter RDR54D1 SDR V.415,
+ CLP 5130 Log P ant

Mobile: Comm Radio CR-1 + Sharman Skyscan ant, Pira P275

Return to “Off Channel”