DAB & SDR (Qt-DAB + RSPduo)

DAB - Digital Radio
Post Reply
User avatar
Patrick73
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Mar 2015 12:36
Location: french Alps, JN35am

DAB & SDR (Qt-DAB + RSPduo)

Post by Patrick73 » 14 Jul 2018 12:56

Running a RSPduo, I can't get SDRuno to work with 'Qt-dab' decoding software ('no library or device' / 'failed to locate API registy entry')

Does it require a virtual audio cable ? From the very few videos I found on Youtube, it does not seem to. I asked the author of the software, but got no reply so far.
Patrick
Main interests : NDB, MW & FM DX'ing
REU Editor http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/reu

pe1etr
Posts: 1278
Joined: 07 Oct 2014 00:40
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Re: DAB & SDR (Qt-DAB + RSPduo)

Post by pe1etr » 14 Jul 2018 13:50

Patrick73 wrote:
14 Jul 2018 12:56
Running a RSPduo, I can't get SDRuno to work with 'Qt-dab' decoding software ('no library or device' / 'failed to locate API registy entry')

Does it require a virtual audio cable ? From the very few videos I found on Youtube, it does not seem to. I asked the author of the software, but got no reply so far.
Qt-dab is a standalone programme. Why are you trying to use it with SDRuno?

Peter

User avatar
Patrick73
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Mar 2015 12:36
Location: french Alps, JN35am

Re: DAB & SDR (Qt-DAB + RSPduo)

Post by Patrick73 » 14 Jul 2018 13:59

Thanks Peter for confirming it's a standalone program.

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to check how reception sounds.
What would you recommand instead of uno ? SDR Console v3 does not support the RSPduo, HDSDR does but I don't want to install dozens of similar softwares ;-)
Patrick
Main interests : NDB, MW & FM DX'ing
REU Editor http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/reu

pe1etr
Posts: 1278
Joined: 07 Oct 2014 00:40
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Re: DAB & SDR (Qt-DAB + RSPduo)

Post by pe1etr » 14 Jul 2018 14:12

Patrick73 wrote:
14 Jul 2018 13:59
Thanks Peter for confirming it's a standalone program.

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to check how reception sounds.
What would you recommand instead of uno ? SDR Console v3 does not support the RSPduo, HDSDR does but I don't want to install dozens of similar softwares ;-)
Your welcome Patrick.

HDSDR works with virtually all hardware, it also works with RDSspy. It has a good schedular, it is less demanding on CPU usage.

Peter

User avatar
Patrick73
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Mar 2015 12:36
Location: french Alps, JN35am

Re: DAB & SDR (Qt-DAB + RSPduo)

Post by Patrick73 » 14 Jul 2018 14:37

If running Qt-dab with HDSDR, this means one has to choose 'extio' from the list of devices, right ? (HSDSR is not listed, only SDRplay).

Just got a reply from SDRplay support : "Native support for the RSPduo within QT-dab should be available soon. QT-dab is a 3rd party application developed by Jan van Katwijk https://www.sdr-j.tk/index.html"

I already know HDSDR I played with a few years ago but dislike its interface. Juste a matter of taste of course ;-)
Patrick
Main interests : NDB, MW & FM DX'ing
REU Editor http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/reu

pe1etr
Posts: 1278
Joined: 07 Oct 2014 00:40
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Re: DAB & SDR (Qt-DAB + RSPduo)

Post by pe1etr » 14 Jul 2018 15:07

Patrick73 wrote:
14 Jul 2018 14:37
If running Qt-dab with HDSDR, this means one has to choose 'extio' from the list of devices, right ? (HSDSR is not listed, only SDRplay).

Just got a reply from SDRplay support : "Native support for the RSPduo within QT-dab should be available soon. QT-dab is a 3rd party application developed by Jan van Katwijk https://www.sdr-j.tk/index.html"

I already know HDSDR I played with a few years ago but dislike its interface. Juste a matter of taste of course ;-)
Patrick you still are confused.
Once again, Qt-dab runs alone. You select the receiver from a menu in the programme. You can't use Qt-dab with SDRuno nor with HDSDR. SDRplay duo isn't supported yet in Qt-dab. Do you have an rtl-sdr? That works with Qt-dab.

Peter

User avatar
Patrick73
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Mar 2015 12:36
Location: french Alps, JN35am

Re: DAB & SDR (Qt-DAB + RSPduo)

Post by Patrick73 » 14 Jul 2018 16:37

Yet another senior moment Peter or maybe it's too warm here !
Unfortunately, I don't own any RTL dongle.
Patrick
Main interests : NDB, MW & FM DX'ing
REU Editor http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/reu

daveB
Posts: 1219
Joined: 07 Oct 2014 16:49

Re: DAB & SDR (Qt-DAB + RSPduo)

Post by daveB » 14 Jul 2018 19:01

Qt-dab runs AirSpy, rtl stick, and SDRPlay (original). It works best with SDRPlay because the Airspy has too wide a bandwidth and the rtl-stick has a limited dynamic range.

Another program you could try is QIRX - it basically uses an rtl-stick, but you can play back recorded 16-bit files from HDSDR - provided you use 2048 kbps sample rate and 1536 kbps bandwidth - which improves the sensitivity

With QIRX you can get the TII codes where transmitted and Lat/long if transmitted. A new improved version will be available.
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, SB920s, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele compact yagi on rotator at 18ft agl. FM5 facing east, FM5 facing south, FM3 facing NE, OIRT dipole, 3-ele Moxon vertical facing east.

dxradiofan
Posts: 163
Joined: 10 Mar 2015 22:39

Re: DAB & SDR (Qt-DAB + RSPduo)

Post by dxradiofan » 05 Aug 2018 16:11

It will work with the rsp 1a also, quite a good program, but a bit betarish. Welle.io is rather nicer to use but not sure it's as sensitive ?

User avatar
Patrick73
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Mar 2015 12:36
Location: french Alps, JN35am

Re: DAB & SDR (Qt-DAB + RSPduo)

Post by Patrick73 » 05 Aug 2018 17:03

Latest Qt-dab release perfectly works with the RSPduo (and is supposed to be OK with all RSPs)
Attachments
dab.JPG
Patrick
Main interests : NDB, MW & FM DX'ing
REU Editor http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/reu

User avatar
Patrick73
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Mar 2015 12:36
Location: french Alps, JN35am

Re: DAB & SDR (Qt-DAB + RSPduo)

Post by Patrick73 » 12 Aug 2018 13:56

A short clip showing my reception of the 12A block from Switzerland, using the RSPduo and QT-dab 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRAbx1QiUlk
Patrick
Main interests : NDB, MW & FM DX'ing
REU Editor http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/reu

Post Reply

Return to “DAB”