1and1 Internet

For everything "Off Topic"! Here you can discuss, rant, rave, in fact talk about anything non radio-related. Forum etiquette rules still apply.
John Faulkner, Skegness

1and1 Internet

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 27 Mar 2018 01:01

I haven't a clue what's going on with 1and1 Internet, my hosts, but I have had nothing but trouble with them since last summer.

* They continue to charge me for domains I no longer have.
* They keep telling me that I have insufficient funds in my bank to meet payments, which is not the case. Yes, they have the correct payment details.
* None of my emails are working and most haven't been working for the last week.
* Repeated phone calls to them do nothing other than waste everybody's time.

No need to recommend alternative hosts as I know I would have trouble with any one I go with. It's always been the case and I doubt anything will change.

:twisted: Don't get me started on TalkTalk, Ebay, Amazon, HMRC, First Utility or the sodding TV licence! :lol:

zach_m

Re: 1and1 Internet

Post by zach_m » 27 Mar 2018 10:31

John,

1and1 is cheap compared to other services and they're lacking in the customer service. Their support is simply crap. Just google it.

https://webhostinggeeks.com/providers/1and1

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 27 Mar 2018 20:16

Wow! That's shocking. They used to be reliable and their service was very good, but look at those 'cliff edges'. Looks like they are having difficulties. Probably time to change again very soon.

Thanks for the link.

I still don't have email. Auto-configuration in Thunderbird no longer works. I know how to set up emails, but manual setup is not working either. Unusually, a few emails for RealDX have filtered through. They usually get marked as spam.

I should have time to phone 1and1 later this evening. I have actually been on the phone most of the day speaking to Ebay (three calls), Shutl (part of Ebay), PayPal, HMRC and the DWP. Yes! Yet another day wasted on the phone. I tend to record all my conversations these days and also inform the operators that I am doing so as I usually get things sorted more quickly. Ebay, however, are a law unto themselves. They have taken money out of my account, illegally, and I am struggling to find the energy to go through the complaints procedure. It's only £5.29, but I am damned if I am going to let the b******* win. :evil:

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 27 Mar 2018 21:37

Email working again. My password had been changed. Funny. I didn't change it myself and 1and1 said no suspicious activity has been noted on my account. Hmm. :?

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 20 Apr 2018 23:13

Further to my 1and1 situation, many (most?) emails are not getting through. Messages in my spam folders (Thunderbird) are now hidden (I think these are controlled at the server end) and some of my email addresses are not working.

I guess the reason they so boldly stated that I had changed my password was because they had some kind of system failure at their end of they simply lost the necessary data and blamed me. My last ISP, Dataflame, did far worse things. Then Web Mania before them were total crooks.

My bank account shows that they haven't taken any payments since last autumn. Odd, since they have my correct card details. This is rather worrying - so time to change once more. But who to go with this time?

Return to “Off Channel”