Italian station on 107.9MHz via Aircraft Scatter

Post your unidentified DX catches here
Lucas | TransistorFR

Italian station on 107.9MHz via Aircraft Scatter

Post by Lucas | TransistorFR » 25 Sep 2018 11:02

Hi there!

Normally, I receive Radio Maria via the transmitter of Caprino Bergamasco on 107.9MHz via Aircraft Scatter but on Thursday 20 September I've been able to catch another Italian radio station with a fairly weak signal. I don't think it's a national radio station, but rather a regional or local station. We can hear a weather report on this audio recording: https://dbr.ee/IRS7

Does anyone recognize the jingle that can be heard at the beginning and at the end of the recording?

Thanks in advance,
Lucas
Airspy Mini & RTL-SDR.com V3 + 5-element Yagi & Ground Plane | Sony XDR-P1DBP | Sony XDR-S40DBP | Tecsun PL-600
YouTube Channel

Franco Martelli

Re: Italian station on 107.9MHz via Aircraft Scatter

Post by Franco Martelli » 25 Sep 2018 11:49

Salut Lucas,

yes it's a weather report; the music at the beginning and the end seems the one used currently by In Blu syndication, but there is only one "In Blu" listed on 107.9 (the weak transmitter of Conegliano of Radio Palazzo Carli - In Blu).
I wonder if Radio Maria relays sometimes the news bulletins produced by In Blu; what is the time of your recording?
Rx: Degen DE-1103, Sangean ATS-909

Lucas | TransistorFR

Re: Italian station on 107.9MHz via Aircraft Scatter

Post by Lucas | TransistorFR » 25 Sep 2018 12:23

Thank you for your help Franco! Sadly I don't remember the exact time of my recording but I checked the webstream of Radio Maria when I received this radio station on 107.9MHz and they did not broadcast any weather reports at that moment.
Airspy Mini & RTL-SDR.com V3 + 5-element Yagi & Ground Plane | Sony XDR-P1DBP | Sony XDR-S40DBP | Tecsun PL-600
YouTube Channel

Return to “Unidentified?”