Unid Balkan on 92,2. Novia Sad? Bulgaria

Post your unidentified DX catches here
Julius63

Unid Balkan on 92,2. Novia Sad? Bulgaria

Post by Julius63 » 22 Jul 2018 19:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXzL1aGIADk

Who can help me to ID this station I heard during SpE on 92.2 MHz ,july 21st 1104 UTC . At the same time I heard Bosnian stations and a Greek station, near Albanian border.
You hear a female newsreader, between items peeps(that was before recording this part). Mentions of Bosnia. But on 92,2 there are only low powers in Bosnia.
It could be radio 021 Novi Sad Serbia or Bulgaria Hristo Botev Radio(both heard in western europe around same time) or Albania. Help appreciated. Latter part of video fade out and fade in of Dutch station.

Thanks

Julius
Receivers:
General: Grundig satellit 650, Lowe HF-225, Tecsun PL660
FM; Degen De1103
DAB: Akai ADB10(2x), Nikkei ADB10, Technisat.
All with telescope antenna. I use a home-built(not by myself, :D ) Loopantenna on the satellit for mediumwave

PFM907

Re: Unid Balkan on 92,2. Novia Sad? Bulgaria

Post by PFM907 » 22 Jul 2018 20:29

tuff one. it's not very long and there is much noise. what I can tell you from what I think (doesnt have to be certain):

-language should be Serbian if I am not misleading. or Montenegrin with is very similar (based on "Serbocroatian").
-Croatian, Bosnian and Macedonian sound different to me, Bulgarian as well. but hard to hear due to voice recording.
people in Croatia, Bosnia and Macedonia claim to speak different languages, many others think those are only dialects or accents from one ancient, hard to discuss especially because MNE / BIH / HRV use latin alphabet and SRB / MKD cyrillic.

- I don't know any of these locals listed but the public radio in BUL, MNE, SRB and HRV use other bumpers or none.
Hristo Botev (Blgarske Natsionalne Radio2) is a cultural px without hourly news bulletins (only few times a day I remember) and does not use the bumpers / music beds like Horizont (BNR 1) does.
- Serbian public service sounds very old-fashioned in style of presentation. so does news from BIH sound like.

-it is not Albania. no serbian language station would ever be transmitting in Albania (exception foreign service)
-the dutch one in the end might be Omrop Frysland but language therefore is Frysk, not dutch.
ps the town is called NOVI Sad (=HOBN CAD in cyrillic letters) nova / novo / novi = new . Novi Beograd = new belgrade etc.

Why do you think this could not be Bosnia ? listings state 0.2 / 0.3 and 0.887 kW
I have received Radio Slon from Tuzla with 0.56 kW.

ok, none of those numbers must be correct and I rather doubt this is BIH.
all the serbian ones listed for 92.2 have 0.3 kW as well ;)

cannot this be RCG 1 from Budva , Crna Gora?? or a small private station from SRB maybe Radio21 ("Dva deset jedan") or Rubin...

but I am really not sure. I understand "Radio Centar" in it, but they are not broadcasting there.

try out to find back that news bumper on line

http://onlineradiobox.com/rs/radio021/

http://www.radio-uzivo.com/stanica/Radio-Rubin

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 22 Jul 2018 20:38

I am now listening to Radio Nolla Dva deset jedan (=021) via online, they have 128 kb streaming but the input signal is way too loud. Let's wait and see how their news sound like (if there is any at 2200 CEST) ..another chance is tomorrow otherwise:)

did you check MNE listings btw??

Julius63

Post by Julius63 » 22 Jul 2018 20:49

Thanks for all the info! I ruled out Bosnia as those TX are slight too low power, at first I thought Hristo Botev (due to many loggings of this station in western europe during this SpE opening)so I listrend online at 1100 UTC but they have no hourly news bulletin.
It could well be radio 021 from Novi Sad as they were logged too (by English DX'ers) , so I listened at 1800 but no news, will try tomorrow at 1100.
Indeed, the dutch stn at the end is radio fryslan , that is correct.
Receivers:
FM; Degen De1103
All with telescope antenna. I use a home-built(not by myself, :D ) Loopantenna on the satellit for mediumwave

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 22 Jul 2018 21:02

well nothing is impossible during ES, had to learn this, too.
here is my reception of SLON : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqoS39q99m8
not much, this was all I had. but it was enough to get it confirmed. and it is low power ;)

best way to rule out UNIDs is to use the "azimuth" degree field in FMLIST.

most of the stations are from one certain direction. if you could give me a few logs from that day I could search out what makes most sense.

Kiss (SRB) is at 127 degrees
Rubin (SRB) is 124 degrees
Novi Sad (Vojvodina) is 122 degr.

Budva (CG) is 134 degrees

Tesanj (BIH) is 129 degr.
Bileca (BIH) is 133 degr
Bobar Zvornik (BA) is 127 degr

from your location.

Hristo Botev is at 119 ° (dont think it was them, style of news does not fit and it's not BUL language I suppose)

Korfu is 137 degrees, Epirus is 135, Igoumenitsa is 136 degr. for comparison

which one using 92.2 does fit the best with your (confirmed) logs?

btw: very nice music and great jingles on Radio021 92.2 FM (now playing The cardigans - for what it's worth, heard that the very first time I received Sweden with a SONY tapedeck in Germany back in 2003 8-) ) , but no news on top. :)

U kunt trouwens ook nederlands tegen mij praten ik snap het goed :) maar lezen en / of luisteren gaat beter dan spreken 'k ben 't helemaal niet meer gewend

Julius63

Post by Julius63 » 22 Jul 2018 21:10

No news at 2000, I will try tomorrow. Thanks for all the help and thoughts, well appreciated.
I had 90,6 ERT Greece and 92,5 Radio federal Bosnia ID'ed at same minute. I looked it up in FM list and the three Bosnian LP stations pop up, Radio Rubin and just with the greek one radio 021,
an interesting new possibility turns up: radio Crne Gore 1 from MNE (Montenegro? Makedonia?)
I will try tomorrow , thanks!!!
Receivers:
FM; Degen De1103

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 22 Jul 2018 21:20

hmm..

90.6 ERT Deutero programma Vitsi is 132 ° . they are using a 20 kW TRP Harris transmitter which gives 100 kW ERP
92.5 Radio F , Tushnica is 135 °

so this is either

Bileca (BIH)
or
Budva (CG)

CG = MNE Crna Gora, Montenegro (they pay with Euro and before 2002, they were using Deutsche Mark there)
I had mentioned this before, I am not sure if they are using bumpers in their news, dont think so.
their news sound pretty old-fashioned and a bit outdated,

this is what it sounds like (have received them in 2017 with good signal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeC1ZqsihKg

I think Serbia is not in the right direction, if the clouds were not changing. so try focus on RCG 1 and Bileca first

Bileca does now , knowing the direction / angle of the opening sound even more logical. would not be damned if it was them

btw last summer I have received As FM and Radio 3 (Beograd and Novi Sad) at the same time on 95.8 FM as both are the same direction so this could also happen

Julius63

Post by Julius63 » 24 Jul 2018 20:43

Thanks for all your help PFM907, very appreciated. I did some research and radio 021 Novi Sad is in the lead at the moment, I recorded only a small bit as I turned on my radio and very surprised to hear a Balkan language. Fade out was quite soon after start of recording on my IPhone.
I did hear a newsbulletin with underlying musical loop and a jingle between the newsitems.
Radio 021, although they have irrregular news, has an identical set up of news, I heard on the webstream you gave me!! But I have to listen more often to compare it properly!
Radio Crne Gora has a more serious set up of news compared to what I heard. For Bileca I sadly cannot find a working stream.
I try and catch the livestream of 021 next saturday same time.
I forgot to say that within 5-10 minutes after logging the greek on 90,6 , Bosnia on 92,5 and this one the band was full of Italians!
Uw nederlands is uitstekend, BTW. Thanks.
Receivers:
FM; Degen De1103

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 24 Jul 2018 22:22

Yes I actually do also not think Radio CG 1 is in position to use musical beds and bumpers in between (compare to my recording of2017). Bileca would might be an option but as there is no way to listen (I did also not succeed in finding an audio / webradio, also none on my frontier silicon Wifi), we might never know. dankjewel én tot ziens ..ofwel horens :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paradisefm - Malta's N° 1 in dance and electronic
qths: Sliema MLT / Bavaria / Nth GER / Keitum-Sylt

useful: mwlist.org / intervalsignals.net / asiawaves.net / fmlist.org

Julius63

Post by Julius63 » 30 Jul 2018 18:28

More research is needed, but I checked the internet newsbulletins of Balkan stations on 92,2. Quite some stations have newsbanners. I think it is radio Tesanj from Bosnia, this is similar/almost equal to what I heard. The peeps on the banner I heard ,I only hear on radio Tesanj.
Radio Kiss has a quite similar music but I think it is Tesanj I heard. Ofcourse I'll try saturday at 1105 UTC, the orignal time I received them.
Receivers:
FM; Degen De1103

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 30 Jul 2018 22:51

mystery like this is what makes FMDX so fascinating. at least, there will always be some riddle we might not know.

indeed, the original time may be useful. I did so on Jawhara FM and Euskadi irratia, both have different News / TOTH jingles in other hours than mine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paradisefm - Malta's N° 1 in dance and electronic
qths: Sliema MLT / Bavaria / Nth GER / Keitum-Sylt

useful: mwlist.org / intervalsignals.net / asiawaves.net / fmlist.org

Julius63

Post by Julius63 » 15 Aug 2018 21:44

I did some research and it must be radio Tesanj, Bosnia I heard.
Ofcourse not 100% as no ID heard and not all the Bosnian and Serbian stations on 92,2 have a webstream so I could not test or rule out all stations on 92,2.
But radio Tesanj has a newsbulletin saturdays at around 1105, like I heard (first advertisements on top of hour) and I heard on the web several times the same intermezzo of peeps and musical jingles on this station as I received on the SpE. Quite difficult as many stations use a musical jingle and like radio Tesanj they seem to pick from a long musical recording so you hear different sounds each news.
But on the webstream of radio Tesanj I heard exactly the same tune as I received, so it must be them, okay highly presumed hi.
Tonight I noticed Dutch radio also sometimes uses musical jingles between news bulletins. I listen a lot to this news, but it only struck me today after all those weeks research on those Balkan stations. Hi
Receivers:
FM; Degen De1103

Return to “Unidentified?”