TRT FM 92.0, but which site?

Post your unidentified DX catches here
John Faulkner, Skegness

TRT FM 92.0, but which site?

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 16 Jun 2018 12:36

I received TRT FM on 92.0 during yesterday evening's Turkish opening. I have been trying to narrow down the site and I attach a map of the four suspects, shown with the red dots.

turkey 2.jpg

You can see the other sites I received at this time, so my guess would be Mugla, which is in the firing line for Izmir. However, also listed is TGRT FM from Izmir-Bayrakli / Kartepe and I wondered if this station carries the same programming. That would make sense, otherwise I feel certain this must be Mugla.

Thank you.
Attachments
turkey 2.jpg

Nick Gilly

Re: TRT FM 92.0, but which site?

Post by Nick Gilly » 16 Jun 2018 12:38

I think TGRT FM is a completely different station John. You must have heard TRT FM from Mugla.
Good DX.

Nick, Whitchurch, Hampshire.

BW Broadcast RBRX Encore, Kenwood L-1000T, Yamaha T-2, Denon TU-800L, Kenwood KT-1100SD (modified), Yamaha T-85, Sony XDR-F1HD tuners, horizontal Körner 9.2 beam (Antennenland version), Yaesu G-450C rotator

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 16 Jun 2018 12:43

Thanks Nick. Not knowing anything about Turkish broadcasters, I cannot be certain. With Izmir being received at that time it adds a small question mark. You're probably right. The website doesn't seem to have a programme schedule.

Maybe Kurt can confirm, just to be certain.

PFM907

Re: TRT FM on 92.0, but which site?

Post by PFM907 » 16 Jun 2018 12:49

Next to TGRT FM (which has indeed nothing to do with public service national state broadcaster TRT), four TRT FM tx. are listed. Personally, I would sort out Camlidere-Sarikavak (125 deg.) and Aksu-Kuzbeleni Tepe (132 deg.) because of HAAT and ERP which runs on low power but also regarding tower height, location and azimuth of aerial.

Mugla-Yatagan and Kirsehir-Hasanpasa remain. Between the two of those, I think, it is Mugla, too. Because of several reasons:

-First of all, it is the strongest tx listed (unless power data is wrong?)
-In addition, 137 deg. fits much better to the other txs. received.
-Furthermore, it is the closest tx listed (unless location data is wrong?)
-Finally, HAAT and tower height are most (unless tower data is wrong?).

TRT Nagme is 140 deg., Izmir is 138 deg., Edirne is 134 deg.
Athens is even 146 deg., Halkida is 145 deg. = azimuth aerial.
Kirsehir-Hasanpasa would be 124 deg. which does not fit at all.

Of course, you might never know. Everything seems to be possible during sporadic-e, even some small low power mast in a valley by reflection. But according to logic, experience (it is the strongest tx. listed most of the time) and physics, it`s Mugla.

btw: TRT FM is a youngster's music station while TGRT FM is a (private-owned) talk / news radio.

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 16 Jun 2018 13:48

I think this one is fairly well nailed then. Since I can rule out TGRT FM, this is almost certainly going to be Mugla. As you say, the first two are off-beam slightly and definitely unlikely due to the power. Kersehir is also slightly off-beam and Mugla ticks all the proverbial boxes.

Mugla comes in at 2782 km. Not the furthest of yesterday's Es. It was a photo finish with Datca just taking the lead at 2785 km.

Thank you Nick and PFM.

Return to “Unidentified?”