Unidentified Swedish Local Station Via Orionids

Post your unidentified DX catches here
John Faulkner, Skegness

Unidentified Swedish Local Station Via Orionids

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 23 Oct 2017 22:35

https://youtu.be/uzWfPnIIqAc

This PI appeared repeatedly on 107.0 in this session. I thought it was a rogue to begin with, but it was so consistent that I assume it must be genuine. Both PI detectors agree too. Does anybody know who this is?

Thanks.

PFM907

Re: Unidentified Swedish Local Station Via Orionids

Post by PFM907 » 27 Nov 2017 19:22

there are some new local radio stations planned alongside some zerobase in Sweden. this frequency is listed as P for Jönköping south of Stockholm.
the other ones listed are NRJ, RIX and Megapol (commercial mainstream / chart CHR / hitradio stations) . this music sounds more like 80s at least it is nothing I recognize to be from the past 5 years or so. I cannot read the PI this is written too small. don't know if this is a test or so
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paradisefm - Malta's N° 1 in dance and electronic
qths: Sliema MLT / Bavaria / Nth GER / Keitum-Sylt

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 27 Nov 2017 20:45

Thank you for the info.

The PI is E00B and Jönköping was in firing line. But so was Stockholm.

I record in 1080p for YouTube videos, using the recommended formats, but they always end up blurry. Must be some conversion process as the same videos are razor sharp when uploaded to Vimeo.

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 29 Nov 2017 17:15

this music fits to Vinyl FM which was actually indeed called Vinyl 107 some years ago and it was using that frequency from the 300mtrs. high twin-masts in Nacka near the mediamarkt at Sthlm. but as far as I know Vinyl 107 did leave this QRG and therefor changed its name from Vinyl 107 to Vinyl FM. Also Radio 107,5 (dance radio) left FM . this had something to do with rights regulations that processed too much costs. as far as I know, today there is no Vinyl FM left on 107.0 MHz. RIX FM and Megapol do not play old music any longer at daytime but it might have been part of some dj mix session at the evening during weekend.s

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 29 Nov 2017 17:21

btw why so sure bout SWE if there was only music in it ? did you hear SWE talk or ads??
E at first letter is also ESP + CNR and ROM and La Libertad FM Madrid Centro is listed on that frequency with this certain PI code.

https://libertadfm.es/

you better try to check out this one :)
wouldnt surprise me if it came from spain. multi-directional E skip was not a rare phenomenom this summer

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 29 Nov 2017 18:04

Thank you so much for this! The filter must have been in use on FM List, hence the reason the PI code did not appear. MS reception was primarily to Sweden at the time, hence me thinking this had to be Sweden.

So this came in off the back of the antenna. Libertad is listed with just 1 kW. I bet they use more.

This is a personal first. I will update my logs later.

Thank you again! :)

Return to “Unidentified?”