Two UNID Spaniards 107.9

Post your unidentified DX catches here
Nick Gilly

Two UNID Spaniards 107.9

Post by Nick Gilly »

This was recorded during Es to Spain & Portugal on 29th of July:

https://app.box.com/s/p20y36uu6gy7tis3lo96mpftjqel5b67

There is a station right at the beginning that gives an ID, but I can't see anything similar-looking on FMLIST.

There is a second station which takes over after a short while and continues until the fade-out at the end. This station is playing post-punk/minimal/synth stuff which is most intriguing for an early Wednesday afternoon. There's no ID on this one, but surely that format should be a clue? I checked Rádio Universidade de Coimbra's schedule too in case it was them but they had a programme about gaming so presumably not them.

Since there was short skip into Galicia around this time the two stations may be from this part of Spain.

Any help as always much appreciated.

Thanks.
Good DX.

Nick, Whitchurch, Hampshire.

BW Broadcast RBRX Encore, Kenwood L-1000T, Yamaha T-2, Denon TU-800L, Kenwood KT-1100SD (modified), Yamaha T-85, Sony XDR-F1HD tuners, horizontal Körner 9.2 beam (Antennenland version), Yaesu G-450C rotator

satnipper

Re: Two UNID Spaniards 107.9

Post by satnipper »

Jungla Radio "Somos tus amigos"

Nick Gilly

Post by Nick Gilly »

Thanks Stuart.

I wonder if they are a pirate? I found this on their website (translated from Spanish):

"What is it
La Jungla Radio?
We are a group of radio professionals spread over more than 70 points throughout Spain; all with many years of experience in this environment that has caught us. Captained by Jose Antonio Abellán, we fight in this humble and at the same time ambitious challenge of achieving a close, free and 100% Spanish radio station.
Are you up for the challenge?"

From https://lajunglaradio.com/#contact

There's a page about this Jose Antonio Abellán guy on the website too.

I can't find a location for this station either. It's not on FMLIST.

I'd love to know who was playing the post punk stuff too.
Good DX.

BW Broadcast RBRX Encore, Kenwood L-1000T, Yamaha T-2, Denon TU-800L, Kenwood KT-1100SD (modified), Yamaha T-85, Sony XDR-F1HD tuners, horizontal Körner 9.2 beam (Antennenland version), Yaesu G-450C rotator

Nick Gilly

Post by Nick Gilly »

Any ideas about the second station playing post-punk?
Good DX.

PFM907

Post by PFM907 »

Nick Gilly

Post by Nick Gilly »

Thanks PFM907, but the info says '100% Hits Musicales', so I doubt if it's them. Other reception was coming from Galicia and Portugal at the time so it may be from Galicia, which is further west.
Good DX.

Return to “Unidentified?”