Sporadic E log 11 November 2016

daveB

Sporadic E log 11 November 2016

Post by daveB » 12 Nov 2016 18:08

I missed the beginning of the opening as I'd gone to get a late-ish breakfast and I was expecting an opening to the East - but the 5-6 minutes of activity that I recorded was very productive. I've put a link to FMList visual logbook for stations received in the UK rather than just my own log as it shows very clearly that the SpE cloud was quite localised. At my location I received a number of stations either side of the Straits of Gibralter - with Tangiers being a new location for me. Although Gibralter itself didn't appear I did get Canal Fiesta Radio Campo de Gibraltar on 88.3 MHz. A number of stations somewhat closer but on the same heading were also logged.

The map clearly shows the SpE cloud where the reception paths for Andy Webster's loggings cross mine in the just off the coast south of Brittany.

http://www.fmlist.org/fm_logmap.php?dat ... ALL&rxin=G

Note: I use the abbreviation o.s.s.s.t. on some logs to save typing in full that other station(s) were received from the same site at the same time.

David
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, SB920s, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele compact yagi on rotator at 18ft agl. FM5 facing east, FM5 facing south, FM3 facing NE, OIRT dipole, 3-ele Moxon vertical facing east.

Return to “Dave B, Sittingbourne”