Sporadic E Log 13 October 2016

daveB

Sporadic E Log 13 October 2016

Post by daveB » 28 Oct 2016 18:11

For me the opening on the 13th October 2016 was sustained and 90% focussed on Portugal. I recorded over an hour of I/Q files covering most of the band - with the idea of having something to keep me going over the winter doldrums. Further Es on the 16th and the 26th have slowed the analysis down - it takes a while to listen to 50 + active frequencies on a file that is almost 5 minutes long - and when you have 30 files or more - well you can lose interest - so I'm rationing myself.

So far I've logged 203 stations and it now a case of hunting for the odd one or two new ones popping up briefly. In this one opening I've got twice as many stations from Portugal as I had in the whole of the main season for 2016 - or to put it another way 36% of the Portugues stations on "MyFM" on FMList.org

For anyone interested http://www.fmlist.org/fm_logmap.php?dat ... &omid=2414

This isn't every station as a small handful with full RDS can't be assigned to a particular transmitter site os both are equally likley or both could have been received in succession. Note the huge number of lower power stations logged.

David
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, SB920s, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele compact yagi on rotator at 18ft agl. FM5 facing east, FM5 facing south, FM3 facing NE, OIRT dipole, 3-ele Moxon vertical facing east.

Return to “Dave B, Sittingbourne”