Es Log 2nd June 2016

Jim (Bournemouth)

Es Log 2nd June 2016

Post by Jim (Bournemouth) » 03 Jun 2016 20:06

A strong opening to first of all Romania and the Balkans, mixed with North Africa and later Spain well after the prop to the south-east had faded. Around 1645, the MUF rose all the way to 144Mhz to Romania and the Balkans, a reminder of my very first experience of Es on this same date back in 1985 in the shape of a 2m contact in present-day Croatia.

The opening eventually faded around 2000 here. Quite a number of unknowns which I will post separately.

Map and logs: http://www.fmlist.org/fm_logmap.php?dat ... &omid=2748
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

Elad FDM-S2, Perseus/FM+ and Funcube Dongle SDR Recievers 8-element OP-DES for Band 2, 12-ele ZL Special for 2m, plus wideband vertical

daveB

Re: Es Log 2nd June 2016

Post by daveB » 04 Jun 2016 21:20

My RTL dongle counted to the south-facing aerial logged loads of signals with RDSpy - running FMSuite - unfortunately when I downloaded the info I found out that the Activity logger (the bit of FM suite that logs the frequencies needed to interpret the RDSSpy results had not been started from when I last fiddled with the computer. :cry:

Fortunately I was recording chunks for much of the opening and doing live dxing at the same time. So eventually I'll get to the recordings and maybe find some surprises.

In a way I'm glad of a lull in activity - though I see John in Skegness has snagged a few nice tropo signals this evening. In the next day or two trop could prove interesting in my part of the UK.

David
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, SB920s, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele compact yagi on rotator at 18ft agl. FM5 facing east, FM5 facing south, FM3 facing NE, OIRT dipole, 3-ele Moxon vertical facing east.

Return to “Jim Smith, Bournemouth”