Es 9th June

Jim (Bournemouth)

Es 9th June

Post by Jim (Bournemouth) » 10 Jun 2015 11:55

I was off work last week, and the second day back at work I (mostly) miss a very good opening by this season’s standards.

Fortunately I am able to “Teamviewer” into my radio PC at home from work, and do a bit of monitoring at lunch time and also set streams recording on the SDRs. Proved valuable today as it meant I didn’t miss out completely on the opening today. Quite strange as it was simultaneously open to Spain and Romania/Hungary.
Inevitably, the opening ended about 1525 – I arrived home from work.at 1528 to a dead band. Standard…..

Still going through the streams, but my loggings so far are at
http://www.fmlist.org/fm_logmap.php?dat ... &omid=2748

Here’s hoping the improvement in these parts continues.
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

Elad FDM-S2, Perseus/FM+ and Funcube Dongle SDR Recievers 8-element OP-DES for Band 2, 12-ele ZL Special for 2m, plus wideband vertical

daveB

Re: Es 9th June

Post by daveB » 10 Jun 2015 17:55

A cracking opening - ran out of hard drive space whilst out! But had scanning/logging going at the same time so a pile of logs to go through. And once again loads of 1kw stations and loads of vertically polarised ones receieved on the horizontal aerial.

David
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, SB920s, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele compact yagi on rotator at 18ft agl. FM5 facing east, FM5 facing south, FM3 facing NE, OIRT dipole, 3-ele Moxon vertical facing east.

Return to “Jim Smith, Bournemouth”