Ukraine: Golos Nadiyi replaced Radio Mariya on 70.97 (Olevsk TX)

65.8 - 74.0 MHz
Lucas | TransistorFR

Ukraine: Golos Nadiyi replaced Radio Mariya on 70.97 (Olevsk TX)

Post by Lucas | TransistorFR » 14 May 2019 00:21

Information to DXers who logged Radio Mariya on 70.97 since the beginning of the year, as for anyone who will receive a signal on this frequency in the future:

I've been able to receive a Russian language station at around UTC 18:50 yesterday (Monday 13). When I wanted to log it, I compared with all the listed stations streams for this frequency... but none matched with the signal I was receiving!

I was thinking about Radio Mariya from Olevsk, Ukraine that I have already often received here but... no, the stream didn't match!
I made an audio recording in order to listen to it later and analyze its content. It appears that the radio host is talking a lot about Ukraine and quotes "Golos Nadiyi" at UTC 19:02.

After a little search on Google, I found that Golos Nadiyi is listed on this frequency here and according to this website, it's transmitted since 16/01/2019 from the same TX as Radio Mariya: https://ukrtvr.org/trk/484

I sent a modification request on FMLIST, but in the meantime, as long as Radio Mariya is still listed on this frequency, you should know that if you receive a religious station on 70.97, this is no longer Radio Mariya but Golos Nadiyi.

Hoping that it will avoid you to miss a good OIRT log ;)
Lucas
• Lucas from Brindas, France | QTH Locator: JN25IR •
Airspy Mini | PURE Elan E3 | Sony XDR-P1DBP | Sony XDR-S40DBP | Tecsun PL-600 | Pira P275 Analyzer
Körner 9.2 - H. Pol. | Ground Plane

YouTube Channel
My FMLIST Visual Logbook for today

Patrick73

Re: Ukraine: Golos Nadiyi replaced Radio Mariya on 70.97 (Olevsk TX)

Post by Patrick73 » 14 May 2019 10:22

Thnaks for the tip Lucas !
I will keep an eye on this one, in case the OIRT band opens soon.
Patrick
Main interests : NDB, MW & FM DX'ing
REU Editor http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/reu

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 22 May 2019 16:18

I can give some additional facts from my own reception:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYR50rGpjY8

(but different frequency and different transmitter)

If you look carefully on the map within my movie, which is from 2017 (2 years ago!!!) you will find the Olievsk tx with 70.97 M HZ listed already back then) so the switch took place more than two years ago and has still not been changed in FMLIST :o

Golos Nadii was quite simple to identify to me because it is in stereo, and carries voice over with original messages in English.
They belong to the Adventist World Radio Network

http://radio.hope.ua/about-ua/

Tim Bucknall

Post by Tim Bucknall » 25 May 2019 16:13

thanks
Heard this morning, Ukraine is certainly keeping the OIRT band fresh with all these new stations

I can’t remember without checking but there were quite a few new stations

I don’t think OIRT is going anywhere soon
Rx: Burkhardt Reuter RDR54D1, Elad FDM-S2, Airspy HF+ w/ HS Publications 6 Element R3 -R5 Yagi on rooftop rotator V/H polarization options. Pira P275 RDS analyser

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 26 May 2019 12:47

I hope so. OIRT has so much different sounds, styles, regions..and it has clear, stable signals with different audio quality.

The last 2 days, I had good logs on OIRT but the condx. never reached into CCIR-FM / VHF 2 band. So without OIRT it would be none.

It is a pity that Hungary, Czech, Poland etc have left OIRT. Would be great to receive Kossuth on OIRT UKF in Germany :)

In addition, OIRT is a good possibility to receive Moldova and Belarus here in GER. in FM / VHF 2 this is much more complicated
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paradisefm - Malta's N° 1 in dance and electronic
qths: Sliema MLT / Bavaria / Nth GER / Keitum-Sylt

useful: mwlist.org / intervalsignals.net / asiawaves.net / fmlist.org

Return to “OIRT Band”