How many stations using RDS ?

65.8 - 74.0 MHz
dxradiofan

How many stations using RDS ?

Post by dxradiofan » 05 Jun 2017 01:05

Interesrting to see Peter's recenl clip here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRzMejazjTY so just curious...

PFM907

Re: How many stations using RDS ?

Post by PFM907 » 20 Jun 2017 11:55

Radio Rossii from Maykop operating on 69,07 or 69,08 is using RDS: However, it is the wrong data saying "MAYAK" lol

this was a very interesting experience. the station is in mono (at least not in Western stereo) and you could hear the audio signal (the tone of their modulation) getting a bit higher each time I received RDS. so during the RDS signal popping up, I heard a slight beep in the audio signal and more heights. maybe they are still using the old polar stereo system.

heard this one on Ruegen.
Attachments
Radio Rossii Adygeya - Maykop.JPG
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paradisefm - Malta's N° 1 in dance and electronic
qths: Sliema MLT / Bavaria / Nth GER / Keitum-Sylt

dxradiofan

Post by dxradiofan » 28 Jun 2017 22:03

Ok thanks thought there would be more though...

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 03 Jul 2017 19:28

just searched FMLIST, there should be 2 more regarding FMLIST but this was my only one. and there are infact not so many
I have heard several stations on OIRT(UKF) this year in mono, polar stereo or western stereo but only this one with RDS.
the signals reach up to the top during very good openings and may last up to 3 hours while they are quite stable though.

did anyone catch Radio Samara on 73.88 MHz ? they should have RDS as the only station in Ukraine.
furthermore Nashe Radio Radio Tikhiy Don from Rostov-n.D. on 73.76 MHz is listed with RDS for Russia
no further stations (none in Belarus, none in Moldova or Pridnestrowie listed) are listed, but there could be a few more.

i supposed, that they are about a dozen in total and not listed with RDS because lack of RDS ability on low band scanners .
after having tuned my ATS 909 X I am able to received Stereo and RDS on OIRT FM but not polar stereo. howeveer, I can hear it when Polar is used.

of course all those network links from Italy broadcasting in that range (between 50 and 80 MHz) have RDS:
63,0 Radiolina
63,4 Studio 5
63.76 Rete 96
64,4 Popolare Fragola
64,5 FAS Asolo
64,6 R. Globo
64.71 Agira Int.
65,0 Omega Sound
65,33 Evolution
and many many more between 40.69 and 62,4 MHz (outside classical OIRT UKF range)

you may find them in FMLIST by entering "I" at country and "40.0" resp "87.5" in the frequency fields

but these are studio links or network uplinks so not public radio stations, and I do not count them!

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 05 Jul 2017 07:17

Here's a video about the station I have already pointed out, the Radio Rossii transmitter from Maykop with "Mayak" RDS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvOkez60oQM

Another one from Hungary, also mentioning that the programme differs from the code shown on display while reception:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXl-Bz5fAZ0

And here a classic of ancient times from Voronezh transmitter with Radio melodiya Rossija in RDS at 2:55, it is now off air:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqCN7JDLx_I

Unfortunately, more and more radio stations are leaving OIRT / UKV and turning to Western-FM, many have already left...

Tim Bucknall
Location: Congleton, often in the Peak District, sometimes in Poland or Kresy

Post by Tim Bucknall » 05 Jul 2017 16:59

nice catch PFM, Maykop would be a great multi-hop catch from the UK, i will keep watching the freq

any remaining London Pirate links in this range will carry RDS but i haven't checked them for years (see alexandria palace bandscan)
Home:Burkhardt Reuter RDR54D1 SDR V.415,
+ CLP 5130 Log P ant

Mobile: Comm Radio CR-1 + Sharman Skyscan ant, Pira P275

Return to “OIRT Band”