Radio enthusiast here..

General information about the Skywaves DX Forums
Reggieman

Radio enthusiast here..

Post by Reggieman » 16 Apr 2018 14:46

various types. Mainly listening these days occasional DX around triple 5. I suppose I am interested in short
wave or FM pirates over bank holidays, also been known to do a bit of SW listening of a Sunday morning.
Enjoy radio as it used to be..love hearing a signal that I have no idea where it comes from
anything out of the ordinary, musically or chat on radio. Whether is it classic rock/rock and roll or happy hardcore
retro dance music stuff.

Especially enjoyed Radio Dinosaur MW and Radio Underground SW station. The kind of stations
that were off and on like a yo-yo. Enjoy that chance listening experience.

Looking forwards to any reports of interesting stuff that might be on "one off" over the summer time.

Based in SE England.

Keep me in the loop.. if you can pardon the pun. :lol:

:)
All nice and cosy with the signals.

Nick Gilly

Re: Radio enthusiast here..

Post by Nick Gilly » 16 Apr 2018 16:43

Welcome to the forum Reggieman!

I need tropo to hear London pirates at this location.
Good DX.

Nick, Whitchurch, Hampshire.

BW Broadcast RBRX Encore, Kenwood L-1000T, Yamaha T-2, Denon TU-800L, Kenwood KT-1100SD (modified), Yamaha T-85, Sony XDR-F1HD tuners, horizontal Körner 9.2 beam (Antennenland version), Yaesu G-450C rotator

zach_m

Post by zach_m » 16 Apr 2018 23:33

Welcome to the forum. Lots of DX-ers here and how many listeners ??? I wish I have time for that...

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 17 Apr 2018 01:06

Ah, I remember the days Reggieman. Not sure how far you are going back, but the triple 5s. Sunday mornings on 48m listening to European Music Radio, Blue Sky Airways, Apollo, and EMR, etc. Radio Jackie on 1325 MW used to make it to Nottinghamshire.

Good to have you in the group! :)

Reggieman

Post by Reggieman » 18 Apr 2018 13:46

Well I have been into radio a long while now.. best part of 30 years. Cb then interested in London pirates etc.
bit of all sorts really. All fun at different times but it does seem to have all changed rather.

Less operators, less stations, more interference, digital services that have lost the original feel.

I do sometimes like the challenge of pulling ina low power RSL station etc. some of them have the right spirit in them actually.
Much more so than some existing pirates and obviously the commercial stations.

I do hope that MW might come alive with the occasional curious signal from time to time. Here's to hoping.

Have a couple of little Tecsuns around the house which I listen to day/evening etc. and a Sony SW/FM/AM (generally outperformed
by the £30.00 Tecsun these days with its DSP, pulls signals in the Sony hisses at !)
All nice and cosy with the signals.

Return to “Welcome to new members!”