Why Youtube hates Russia

For everything "Off Topic"! Here you can discuss, rant, rave, in fact talk about anything non radio-related. Forum etiquette rules still apply.
PFM907

Why Youtube hates Russia

Post by PFM907 » 02 Jun 2018 15:14

I was very surprised to see, that three (!) of my videos, which show the reception of russian radio stations in Germany, have been banned by site operator Youtube from my account only just a few minutes after uploading them this morning:
Type Event Content
Video strike 1
AVTORADIO MOSKVA - received in Germany (1700 km)
Reason: Violation of YouTube’s policy on spam and deceptive practices. Learn more
Acknowledged on 2 Jun 2018
Expires on 31 Aug 2018 Learn more

Radio Rossii Pskov - received in Germany (1300 km)
Reason: Violation of YouTube’s policy on spam and deceptive practices. Learn more

Radio Rossii Pskov - received in Germany (1100 km)
Appealed

If you receive three or more of one of the types of strikes listed above, we may have to disable your account.
Of course, I have claimed a failure of their system, but how would that succeed, as they block certain movies by chance automatically? Furthermore, I have received a threatening email of them in which they claim, I wanted to piss off other users by showing my FM receptions to the world. How sick, I thought sharing your private movies was their intention in the first place. That is why Youtube exists, so far. What in the world does that have to do with spam or junk content?
Hi user,

As you may know, our Community Guidelines describe which content we allow and what we don’t allow on YouTube. Your video "AVTORADIO MOSKVA - received in Germany (1700 km)" was flagged for review. Upon review, we’ve determined that it violates our guidelines. We’ve removed it from YouTube and assigned a [//support.google.com/youtube/answer/2802032?hl=en-GB]Community Guidelines strike, or temporary penalty, to your account.

Video content restrictions
It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted, or repetitive content to YouTube. If the main purpose of your content is to drive people off of YouTube and onto another site, it will likely violate our spam policies. In addition, misleading descriptions, tags, titles, or thumbnails designed to increase views are not allowed. Tags should only be placed in the appropriate tag section and not in the description. Learn more.

The impact of strikes
This is the first strike applied to your account. We understand that users seldom intend to violate our policies. That’s why strikes don’t last forever – this strike will expire in three months. However, it’s important to remember that additional strikes could prevent you from posting content to YouTube or even lead to your account being terminated.

How you can respond
If you believe this was a mistake, we’d like to hear from you. Please follow both of these steps as simply deleting the video won’t resolve the strike on your account.

The next time you sign in you will be asked to acknowledge this strike on your account.
If you would like to appeal this strike, please submit this form. Our team will thoroughly review your appeal and will contact you again very soon.

Yours sincerely,
- The YouTube Team
Surprisingly, among the 30 movies I put up there today, only those three from Russia have been blocked. None of the spanish ones, which show exactly the same kind of content - the reception of far-away radio stations on FM during E-skip - has been criticized. Now I can just sit back and wait until their scan bots find my recording of North Korea.

I wonder why Youtube hates Russia? So be careful, as they do not want you to share Russian FM radio with others.

Nick Gilly

Re: Why Youtube hates Russia

Post by Nick Gilly » 02 Jun 2018 16:00

Good DX.

Nick, Whitchurch, Hampshire.

BW Broadcast RBRX Encore, Kenwood L-1000T, Yamaha T-2, Denon TU-800L, Kenwood KT-1100SD (modified), Yamaha T-85, Sony XDR-F1HD tuners, horizontal Körner 9.2 beam (Antennenland version), Yaesu G-450C rotator

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 02 Jun 2018 18:42

Box is good.

I would also like to recommend MEGA.

https://mega.nz/

Lots of gigabytes and you can stream audio files from the site.

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 07 Jun 2018 11:19

After one week, Youtube has finally succeeded in restoring my data which means that the three movies which then had obviously been deleted by chance, are now back on-line. Furthermore, my copyright strike was successfully removed. As you can see, it is definetely worth to file in an appeal, because this can and will happen some time again in the future.

Return to “Off Channel”