I need a radio handyman

For everything "Off Topic"! Here you can discuss, rant, rave, in fact talk about anything non radio-related. Forum etiquette rules still apply.
John Faulkner, Skegness

I need a radio handyman

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness »

I need somebody to fix two belling lee plugs to some coax, seal with self-amalgamating tape, then strap a pre-amp to my aerial mast.

This is a mere five steps up a ladder. As simple as it is, I am hopeless with heights. I have tried several times and failed to do this. It's a five minute job and I have spent the last week trying this, shaking like a leaf and making bad jobs and dropping the plugs into the overgrowth below.

I will pay 'expenses plus' for this. The only thing I cannot do is welcome you into my studio at the moment. Social distancing remains a priority here due to my situation, not for me, but due to my girlfriend's 89 year old parents. While there is a very low incidence of the virus in Lincolnshire, we are taking no chances at all.

Thank you if anybody can help. Please send me a private message.

daveB

Re: I need a radio handyman

Post by daveB »

This is a mere five steps up a ladder. As simple as it is, I am hopeless with heights. I have tried several times and failed to do this.
I sympathise- I used to do all my own aerial alterations, and go up the ladder to clean the windows, paint the soffit boards etc. But not for the past few years.

The first step in the downward spiral was to get the soffit boards replaced with uPVC when as I was starting to paint them I thought "I'm not going to able to do this in three years time".

It won't be too long before I won't be able to manage the fixed loft ladder.
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, ST311, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele yagi 20ft agl - 70 deg. FM5 - 80 deg, 5.1 Yagi 16ft agl - 120 degFM5 -180 deg. Vert 3-ele Moxon - 80 deg. Shielded magnetic loop 0.1-200 MHz - 10 ft agl

Return to “Off Channel”