QRN From Router

For everything "Off Topic"! Here you can discuss, rant, rave, in fact talk about anything non radio-related. Forum etiquette rules still apply.
John Faulkner, Skegness

QRN From Router

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 14 Nov 2019 18:30

Suddenly ... It's amazing! A beautifully, clean, quiet band! Well, almost. It's not bad, overall.

This afternoon I looked into the noise levels which have been gradually increasing across the middle, and sometimes across the top of the medium wave band here. My Sky router has never been a problem regarding interference in the past, but I thought I should re-check it and switch it off to see if noise levels reduced. They did! So my trusty and noiseless Sky router is now causing QRN.

I wonder what has changed? It's almost three years old. I can only guess that some components are beginning to break down. Perhaps I should make it go 'pop' and call the engineers. :shock:

KPC850

Re: QRN From Router

Post by KPC850 » 14 Nov 2019 20:07

Try a different power supply (in case its from the power supply) ?

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 14 Nov 2019 21:15

This is going to be difficult for me to admit .... but I didn't think of that. :oops: :lol: Of course, I simply assumed it had a 240v input. :oops: :oops: :oops: I will see if I have something suitable in my collection tomorrow.

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 15 Nov 2019 16:57

It's the psu alright. No replacement, so just enough time to post this and switch off before the top of the hour!

Return to “Off Channel”