That dreaded day has come.

Noise and interference issues?
John Faulkner, Skegness

Re: That dreaded day has come.

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness »

Ouch! Sorry to hear about to his Paul.

The next question would be "Does the interference hamper regular reception of BBC stations? I'm sure you know the score there. If not then OFCOM will do nothing. I had this problem, although the BBC was totally wiped out on MW once and badly messed up on band 2 on rarer occasions.

I am surprised by the attitude of the Birmingham accented man.

The fact that the airband is getting some of this has surely GOT to produce a result. I really hope so.

Does anybody know what the score is on hams making complaints these days when their bands are messed up?

John Faulkner, Skegness

Legal bollocks designed to cover themselves for all eventualities. They don't care anymore.

bristolpirates

Post by bristolpirates »

Have you investigated how far away you can hear the interference in all directions? My guess would be that it seems strong around those two houses but it's possibly further away, if there are no Chinese people in the street.

On a Tecsun radio, you'd need to see close to 70 dB on the meter to be sure you were in the right area.

One other thing that could cause problems trying to locate it is the design of the aerial they are using. Some aerials will produce weak signals near the source but huge ones a little bit further away.

John Faulkner, Skegness

:evil: That just takes the biscuit.

Tim Bucknall

Post by Tim Bucknall »

just a thought, try tuning 25-900 mhz when its on to find the fundamental

i had something like this once, it was never identified but thought to be a faulty pirate
luckily it was a lot weaker than what you have
Rx: Burkhardt Reuter RDR54D1, Elad FDM-S2, Airspy HF+ w/ HS Publications 6 Element R3 -R5 Yagi on rooftop rotator V/H polarization options. Pira P275 RDS analyser

Return to “EMC (Interference) Issues”