ES 05/07

Interesting conditions? Post DX alerts here. Please use this forum for FM, TV & OIRT DX alerts ONLY!
Ben Smith

ES 05/07

Post by Ben Smith »

Algeria is audible in South Hungary at the moment.

theme

Re: ES 05/07

Post by theme »

Donut edge + centre combo! :D
Probably scanning the band atm. And definitely complaining about the conditions.

theme

Post by theme »

Turkey, lots of Quran in. 2 stations on one freq
Probably scanning the band atm. And definitely complaining about the conditions.

Ben Smith

Post by Ben Smith »

Libya went up to 108 a few minutes ago, after a short Spanish opening from Valencia.

theme

Post by theme »

Morocco here, not enjoyable at all. Semilocals have taken over the band like they've never done before, right during an Es opening. There's no spare fx available, really.

Ben Smith

Post by Ben Smith »

UK has been here for half an hour, almost every frequency has been occupied by BBC R2 at the bottom of the band.

PFM907

Post by PFM907 »

nothing on the 5th in Central Europe,nothing on the 6th as well unfortunately...
you are very lucky down there with a lot of interesting ITU (Maroc, Egypt, Israel!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paradisefm - Malta's N° 1 in dance and electronic
qths: Sliema MLT / Bavaria / Nth GER / Keitum-Sylt

useful: mwlist.org / intervalsignals.net / asiawaves.net / fmlist.org

theme

Post by theme »

PFM907 wrote:
07 Jul 2020 09:09
nothing on the 5th in Central Europe,nothing on the 6th as well unfortunately...
you are very lucky down there with a lot of interesting ITU (Maroc, Egypt, Israel!)
> Maroc
> interesting

Choose one

It's the same stations over and over again

Franco Martelli

Post by Franco Martelli »

ES 07/07:

It's better to take a look at my videos of this year:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... y7q0zYXlLD
Rxs: Degen DE-1103, Sangean ATS-909, Tecsun PL-398 MP

PFM907

Post by PFM907 »

come one Maroc has a number of exciting formats (2M; Médi1,Atlantic, HitradfioFM, Askwad , Cap Radio, Calypso FM,Mars, MFM...) good music, even many french hip hop and RNB. they have private radio, they have commercial advertising, western as well as oriental (exotic) music, presentation mostly in french which can be easily understood, it is the chance to catch AOE (Western Sahara) tx or new, unlisted stations or frequencies.... I like Maroc radio much more than those boring algerians or the curan stations from the Middle East. plus Maroc is a very rare catch in Germany (Casablanca at 2500 km is a great distance), it is rather Algerie most of the time and also very often Tunesia. but Radio Tunis has some good music, however, most of their programme is not interesting to me. (of course everything written is pure my personal thought which might differ from others)
Algerie does not even have commercial Radio. and Tunesia has but only the same two stations would come through all the time (Shems FM and Jawhara). Zitouna is state-owned and belongs to some imam with curan schoolings, although it is not mentioned anywhere.

Ben Smith

Post by Ben Smith »

PFM907 wrote:
07 Jul 2020 09:09
It is so interesting,as I am located in Central Europe too,and I had a powerful SpE from 2 directions on 05/07 and a weak SpE from 3 directions on 06/07.

(sometimes there are huge differences in SpE even within Hungary, a few days ago I had been receiving Turkey for hours up to 108, my friend from Székesfehérvár asked me to check the propagation on his Spyserver,and the band was almost empty there)

PFM907

Post by PFM907 »

"Central Europe" in classical meaning (based on the definition by Viacom International Networks Europe in 1995 which was the valid description for all media scientists and people working in the media or whose work is related to media) does only describe Germany, Suisse and Austria (not even Liechtenstein!). the reason for that is that these countries count to the free TV market while all others had Pay TV packages at this time already.

it is a description formed by MTV in the 90s. MTV Central Europe was only for those three countries (=the Free TV market) while all others had MTV Europe (plus Hungary also had MTV Hungária as well ) on pay TV.

I know there are other attempts to add eg Poland, Checz Republic and so on to CE , but this was not the intention of Viacom International Networks Europe) which I relay to if using the "Central Europe " term . this has nothing to do with exclusion or boundaries, it is just to differ the free-TV market from the pay TV-market

yes this is outdated maybe, but I am too old to change my mind on that so if I write about CE it is only DE/AT/CH ...sorry ;)

(this does not mean that I wanted to exclude PL/CZ/HU/SK or so)

Franco Martelli

Post by Franco Martelli »

Among the plenty of possibile definitions of Central Europe, you are assuming the one of Viacom?

Cool!
Rxs: Degen DE-1103, Sangean ATS-909, Tecsun PL-398 MP

Return to “DX Alerts (FM)”