VG Tropo conditions in France...

Interesting conditions? Post DX alerts here. Please use this forum for DX alerts ONLY!
User avatar
Chris Howles
Posts: 213
Joined: 06 Oct 2014 18:54
Location: Lichfield, Staffs

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by Chris Howles » 15 Oct 2017 11:41

Had big sigs from France over the last hour or so, Holland starting to come up now with Radio 10 87.7 at RDS levels and also Omroep Zeeland 87.9
Sony XDR-F1HD, Rotel RT-955, Denon TU-580RD, Denon TU-1500RD, Denon TU-425RD,
FM5 rotateable, K6STI 5 el (HS Pubs) rotateable, 2 el FM vert, 48- 82MHz dipole
Icom IC-R7100, D100 x2, JVC CX-610,
RDS Spy,

User avatar
John Faulkner, Skegness
Posts: 4177
Joined: 19 Sep 2014 15:55
Location: Skegness, Lincolnshire. JO03dd
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 15 Oct 2017 12:57

A late start for me but gentle tropo conditions to Holland here, plus Brittany with a few verticals getting through.

Good DX!

Andrew Webster,Wigan
Posts: 1902
Joined: 18 Sep 2014 16:03
Location: Wigan Northwest England
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by Andrew Webster,Wigan » 15 Oct 2017 13:05

Good signals from France/Belgium/Holland this morning better than yesterday.

Andy
Receiving equipment: 2 Sony ST-S311, 1 Sony ST-SE520, 1 Sony ST-SE700 2 crossed FM 5s rotatable, 1 homemade FM 3 horizontal beaming S/E, 1 vertical FM 3 fixed beaming at Ireland, 2 element band 1.

User avatar
Sylvestre
Posts: 48
Joined: 22 Jun 2017 16:47
Location: Berville-sur-Mer, France
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by Sylvestre » 15 Oct 2017 19:37

All "Exotic" tropo signals are gone here... But still have some of my GB and B usual freqs.
DX-FM & DX-TV in Normandy, France : Portenseigne 910 03 02 & Wisi EB-66 on Yaesu G450C.
On my personal website :
my DX-FM pictures, my DX-FM audios, my DX-TV pictures, and my DX-TV videos.

User avatar
zach_m
Posts: 178
Joined: 15 Feb 2017 13:42
Location: Hatfield, Herts
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by zach_m » 17 Oct 2017 08:31

France back again. Currently Paris - France Inter on 87.8 and Reims-Épernay and some other areas! Good DX

User avatar
zach_m
Posts: 178
Joined: 15 Feb 2017 13:42
Location: Hatfield, Herts
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by zach_m » 17 Oct 2017 09:13

Luxembourg now on 87.6 RTBF Classic 21 from Léglise on weak side.

User avatar
Sylvestre
Posts: 48
Joined: 22 Jun 2017 16:47
Location: Berville-sur-Mer, France
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by Sylvestre » 17 Oct 2017 17:11

Some "classic" tropo FM signals in France with correct levels ; but not as strong as last week-end...
DX-FM & DX-TV in Normandy, France : Portenseigne 910 03 02 & Wisi EB-66 on Yaesu G450C.
On my personal website :
my DX-FM pictures, my DX-FM audios, my DX-TV pictures, and my DX-TV videos.

User avatar
Chris Howles
Posts: 213
Joined: 06 Oct 2014 18:54
Location: Lichfield, Staffs

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by Chris Howles » 17 Oct 2017 20:28

German trops still here with WDR2 Teutoburger Wald 93.2 and Antenne Niedersachsen 106.3 putting in good signals
Sony XDR-F1HD, Rotel RT-955, Denon TU-580RD, Denon TU-1500RD, Denon TU-425RD,
FM5 rotateable, K6STI 5 el (HS Pubs) rotateable, 2 el FM vert, 48- 82MHz dipole
Icom IC-R7100, D100 x2, JVC CX-610,
RDS Spy,

User avatar
zach_m
Posts: 178
Joined: 15 Feb 2017 13:42
Location: Hatfield, Herts
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by zach_m » 17 Oct 2017 23:46

During today's tropo opening to France I received strange Arabic speaking OM with French accent on 94.3. I received this station twice. First time at 0744 UTC and second time at 0833 UTC. Is there any station in France with Arabic theme? Sylvestre any clue?

Here is the recording:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzV7VW ... JIdTg/view

Good DX!

User avatar
Sylvestre
Posts: 48
Joined: 22 Jun 2017 16:47
Location: Berville-sur-Mer, France
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by Sylvestre » 18 Oct 2017 05:28

As I know there is no FM station in France which broadcasts in arabic (*). Our two major Arabic-themed stations, "Beur FM" and "France Maghreb" are in french. I believe that your signal could be from Maghreb, which would be a nice tropo catch !

(*) In France, only French or regional-spoken languages (Bretagne, Corse, Euskadi, Alsace etc...) are allowed for FM broadcast. Even if it exists foreign-oriented FM stations (Arabic, portuguese etc...), foreign speaking, as Arabic or Portuguese or even English, is not perrmitted on our FM band.
DX-FM & DX-TV in Normandy, France : Portenseigne 910 03 02 & Wisi EB-66 on Yaesu G450C.
On my personal website :
my DX-FM pictures, my DX-FM audios, my DX-TV pictures, and my DX-TV videos.

User avatar
zach_m
Posts: 178
Joined: 15 Feb 2017 13:42
Location: Hatfield, Herts
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by zach_m » 18 Oct 2017 10:04

Sylvestre wrote:
18 Oct 2017 05:28
As I know there is no FM station in France which broadcasts in arabic (*). Our two major Arabic-themed stations, "Beur FM" and "France Maghreb" are in french. I believe that your signal could be from Maghreb, which would be a nice tropo catch !

(*) In France, only French or regional-spoken languages (Bretagne, Corse, Euskadi, Alsace etc...) are allowed for FM broadcast. Even if it exists foreign-oriented FM stations (Arabic, portuguese etc...), foreign speaking, as Arabic or Portuguese or even English, is not perrmitted on our FM band.
Thank you Sylvestre. That make sense as I have logged mostly Paris yesterday morning. It should be Radio Orient then or so-called "France Maghreb" on 94.3. I listening their stream right now and they play Arabic song. Good DX!

Nick Gilly
Posts: 951
Joined: 18 Sep 2014 14:17
Location: Whitchurch, Hampshire, UK

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by Nick Gilly » 18 Oct 2017 15:11

Sylvestre wrote:
18 Oct 2017 05:28
As I know there is no FM station in France which broadcasts in arabic (*). Our two major Arabic-themed stations, "Beur FM" and "France Maghreb" are in french. I believe that your signal could be from Maghreb, which would be a nice tropo catch !

(*) In France, only French or regional-spoken languages (Bretagne, Corse, Euskadi, Alsace etc...) are allowed for FM broadcast. Even if it exists foreign-oriented FM stations (Arabic, portuguese etc...), foreign speaking, as Arabic or Portuguese or even English, is not perrmitted on our FM band.
Not to be pedantic, but what about Radio Alfa on 98.6 from Paris? They may have ad breaks in French but I have usually heard Portuguese language programming on there when it's come in on tropo.

Maybe this one is an exception to the rule?
Good DX.

Nick, Whitchurch, Hampshire.

BW Broadcast RBRX Encore, Kenwood L-1000T, Yamaha T-2, Denon TU-800L, Kenwood KT-1100SD (modified), Yamaha T-85, Sony XDR-F1HD tuners, horizontal Körner 9.2 beam (Antennenland version), Yaesu G-450C rotator

User avatar
Sylvestre
Posts: 48
Joined: 22 Jun 2017 16:47
Location: Berville-sur-Mer, France
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by Sylvestre » 18 Oct 2017 16:57

Yes, these are few exceptions. "Radio Orient" boradcasts news in arabic from its lebanese sister station, and "Radio Alfa" broadcasts also shows in portuguese in addition to French ones, because of the numerous portugese people who live in Paris.

I didn't know that "Radio Orient" broadcasts its lebanese sister station's news, (I never catch it), and so it is obvious that zach_m tuned to it yesterday, and not to a Maghreb one ; sorry for my mistake :oops:

Another exception was Contact 94 on the 80's, I remember I had tuned to it when I went to Cherbourg.

Extracted from my personal site's DX-FM pics page (just updated), please find below my DX-FM pics of this last week-end's tropo opening :

Image
"RPR1." (D), Scharteberg's transmitter, 102.1 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 0:23 AM, distance 467 Km.

Image
"RTL Radio" (L), Hosingen's transmitter, 97 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 0:25 AM, distance 419 Km.

Image
"Big FM" (D), Scharteberg's transmitter, 106.6 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 0:39 AM, distance 467 Km.

Image
"BR Klassik" (D), Kreuzberg's transmitter, 107.9 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 0:42 AM, distance 697 Km.

Image
"Bayern 3" (D), Kreuzberg's transmitter, 96.3 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 01:01 AM, distance 697 Km.

Image
"hr3" (D), Heidelstein's transmitter, 106.2 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 01:08 AM, distance 700 Km.

Image
"RTL Radio Lëtzebuerg" (L), Dudelange/Ginsterberg's transmitter, 88.9 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 11:28 AM, distance 415 Km.

Image
"WDR 2" (D), Nordhelle's transmitter, 93.5 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 11:54 AM, distance 560 Km.

Image
"WDR Eins Live" (D), Aachen's transmitter, 106.4 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 1:26 PM, distance 446 Km.

Image
"SWR4 Radio Trier" (D), Haardtkopf's transmitter, 107.1 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 1:32 PM, distance 484 Km.

Image
"SWR4 Radio Koblenz" (D), Koblenz's transmitter, 107.4 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 4:48 PM, distance 522 Km.

I received these stations for the first time this week-end since I have my external antenna (April '17) 8-)
DX-FM & DX-TV in Normandy, France : Portenseigne 910 03 02 & Wisi EB-66 on Yaesu G450C.
On my personal website :
my DX-FM pictures, my DX-FM audios, my DX-TV pictures, and my DX-TV videos.

User avatar
zach_m
Posts: 178
Joined: 15 Feb 2017 13:42
Location: Hatfield, Herts
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by zach_m » 19 Oct 2017 18:01

Sylvestre wrote:
18 Oct 2017 16:57
Yes, these are few exceptions. "Radio Orient" boradcasts news in arabic from its lebanese sister station, and "Radio Alfa" broadcasts also shows in portuguese in addition to French ones, because of the numerous portugese people who live in Paris.

I didn't know that "Radio Orient" broadcasts its lebanese sister station's news, (I never catch it), and so it is obvious that zach_m tuned to it yesterday, and not to a Maghreb one ; sorry for my mistake :oops:

Another exception was Contact 94 on the 80's, I remember I had tuned to it when I went to Cherbourg.

Extracted from my personal site's DX-FM pics page (just updated), please find below my DX-FM pics of this last week-end's tropo opening :

Image
"RPR1." (D), Scharteberg's transmitter, 102.1 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 0:23 AM, distance 467 Km.

Image
"RTL Radio" (L), Hosingen's transmitter, 97 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 0:25 AM, distance 419 Km.

Image
"Big FM" (D), Scharteberg's transmitter, 106.6 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 0:39 AM, distance 467 Km.

Image
"BR Klassik" (D), Kreuzberg's transmitter, 107.9 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 0:42 AM, distance 697 Km.

Image
"Bayern 3" (D), Kreuzberg's transmitter, 96.3 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 01:01 AM, distance 697 Km.

Image
"hr3" (D), Heidelstein's transmitter, 106.2 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 01:08 AM, distance 700 Km.

Image
"RTL Radio Lëtzebuerg" (L), Dudelange/Ginsterberg's transmitter, 88.9 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 11:28 AM, distance 415 Km.

Image
"WDR 2" (D), Nordhelle's transmitter, 93.5 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 11:54 AM, distance 560 Km.

Image
"WDR Eins Live" (D), Aachen's transmitter, 106.4 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 1:26 PM, distance 446 Km.

Image
"SWR4 Radio Trier" (D), Haardtkopf's transmitter, 107.1 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 1:32 PM, distance 484 Km.

Image
"SWR4 Radio Koblenz" (D), Koblenz's transmitter, 107.4 MHz, on 15th october '17 at 4:48 PM, distance 522 Km.

I received these stations for the first time this week-end since I have my external antenna (April '17) 8-)
Sylvestre,

You've done well with German signals! Excellent catches! Many stations with RDS! Great photos too. Many congrats! I DXing indoors and hardly get a PI code! I working on my log from 14th of October, with the most intenses tropo lift to France this year so far. It's a huge one! I will have some French unids too. I will post the link here once I finish. Good DX!

Nick Gilly
Posts: 951
Joined: 18 Sep 2014 14:17
Location: Whitchurch, Hampshire, UK

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by Nick Gilly » 19 Oct 2017 20:04

Sylvestre wrote:
18 Oct 2017 16:57
Yes, these are few exceptions. "Radio Orient" boradcasts news in arabic from its lebanese sister station, and "Radio Alfa" broadcasts also shows in portuguese in addition to French ones, because of the numerous portugese people who live in Paris.

I didn't know that "Radio Orient" broadcasts its lebanese sister station's news, (I never catch it), and so it is obvious that zach_m tuned to it yesterday, and not to a Maghreb one ; sorry for my mistake :oops:

Another exception was Contact 94 on the 80's, I remember I had tuned to it when I went to Cherbourg.
Some very nice RDS logs there Sylvestre :D

Contact 94 is a blast from the past! I used to receive it regularly during tropo conditions at my old QTH about 14 miles NE of here. I used a wire aerial in an upstairs bedroom but even so I remember hearing Contact 94 in good stereo on 97.7 during a lift in February 1989. At the time I didn't realise that they were a pirate, but I liked their upbeat, lively style. I remember reading somewhere that the tx was 80 kW, so no wonder it got out well!
Good DX.

Nick, Whitchurch, Hampshire.

BW Broadcast RBRX Encore, Kenwood L-1000T, Yamaha T-2, Denon TU-800L, Kenwood KT-1100SD (modified), Yamaha T-85, Sony XDR-F1HD tuners, horizontal Körner 9.2 beam (Antennenland version), Yaesu G-450C rotator

User avatar
zach_m
Posts: 178
Joined: 15 Feb 2017 13:42
Location: Hatfield, Herts
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by zach_m » 19 Oct 2017 23:43

Sylvestre,

If you don't mind, please have a look on my French UNIDs from last Saturday. Maybe you'll have a clue? Thanks in advance :)

http://fmdx.bplaced.net/tropo/14oct.html

Good DX!

User avatar
Sylvestre
Posts: 48
Joined: 22 Jun 2017 16:47
Location: Berville-sur-Mer, France
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by Sylvestre » 21 Oct 2017 11:13

Hello Zach_m,

I listened to tour unids french weak recordings, but without IDs or RDS, this is hard to know which stations are tuned :?

- 88.3 UNID France 14-Oct-2017 1746 UTC tropo = I would say France Culture from Laval/Mont Rochard, as you say. I think that this transmitter is esay to tune in GB when tropo opening

97.4 UNID France 14-Oct-17 2236 UTC tropo weak = Humorist during public one-man-show suggests "Rire & Chansons", Paris/Tour Eiffel's transmitter,

107.9 UNID French 14-Oct-17 2056 UTC tropo weak = Could be RMC from L'aigle or La Ferté Macé (Dept 61, Normandy)

These suggestions are not certain !
DX-FM & DX-TV in Normandy, France : Portenseigne 910 03 02 & Wisi EB-66 on Yaesu G450C.
On my personal website :
my DX-FM pictures, my DX-FM audios, my DX-TV pictures, and my DX-TV videos.

User avatar
zach_m
Posts: 178
Joined: 15 Feb 2017 13:42
Location: Hatfield, Herts
Contact:

Re: VG Tropo conditions in France...

Post by zach_m » 23 Oct 2017 19:12

Sylvestre wrote:
21 Oct 2017 11:13
Hello Zach_m,

I listened to tour unids french weak recordings, but without IDs or RDS, this is hard to know which stations are tuned :?

- 88.3 UNID France 14-Oct-2017 1746 UTC tropo = I would say France Culture from Laval/Mont Rochard, as you say. I think that this transmitter is esay to tune in GB when tropo opening

97.4 UNID France 14-Oct-17 2236 UTC tropo weak = Humorist during public one-man-show suggests "Rire & Chansons", Paris/Tour Eiffel's transmitter,

107.9 UNID French 14-Oct-17 2056 UTC tropo weak = Could be RMC from L'aigle or La Ferté Macé (Dept 61, Normandy)

These suggestions are not certain !
Many thanks Sylvestre. I will amend this information later this week. Good DX!

Post Reply

Return to “DX Alerts”