Alinco dj x11e aerial

Low VHF antenna discussion
Alex Lawler

Alinco dj x11e aerial

Post by Alex Lawler » 19 Oct 2014 17:28

I wasn't sure where to post this but have the above receiver for low vhf and above. Due to restrictions I'm not allowed outside aerials so need another whip aerial to replace the stock one. Can anybody recommend an alternative that could bring in better dx than the rubber one.Cheers.
Icom 2730e
Roberts 93i
Sangean Dpr 69
Grundig G5

Jim (Bournemouth)

Re: Alinco dj x11e aerial

Post by Jim (Bournemouth) » 20 Oct 2014 12:30

You need something like http://www.moonraker.eu/mrw-250-dual-ba ... with-bnc-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

You'd need an adapter to convert the DJ-X11 socket to a BNC one, but they are easy enough to get hold of.
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

Elad FDM-S2, Perseus/FM+ and Funcube Dongle SDR Recievers 8-element OP-DES for Band 2, 12-ele ZL Special for 2m, plus wideband vertical

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 20 Oct 2014 12:38

I have one of these. They work very well.

Alex Lawler

Post by Alex Lawler » 20 Oct 2014 15:10

Thanks for the replies. That's the one I'll go for.
Icom 2730e
Roberts 93i
Sangean Dpr 69
Grundig G5

Paul_Logan

Post by Paul_Logan » 22 Oct 2014 00:32

For Low VHF how about a thin wire dipole tacked to an inside wall - each leg would be seven feet long, feed with coax.
Paul Logan
Lisnaskea, Fermanagh, N. Ireland IO64GG

FMDX: Perseus or Elad FDM-S2 with 5 el Yagi by K6STI

Low VHF: Uniden BCT15X with various loops / Dipoles etc.

MW / SW: Perseus or Elad FDM-S2 with Inverted L wire.

Alex Lawler

Post by Alex Lawler » 22 Oct 2014 05:25

Thanks but I can't get reception inside my flat as it's a metal framed building. Only strong locals make it through and unfortunately the lady who manages the apartments went mental a few weeks back as a result of me having a collinear and a dipole outside and threatened to destroy/remove the aerials. It makes any form of dxing difficult. I've ordered the moonraker.
Icom 2730e
Roberts 93i
Sangean Dpr 69
Grundig G5

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 22 Oct 2014 10:30

Sorry to hear about that. I feel your pain. We rent our bungalow from a housing association and their rules are ridiculously strict too. I had to get written permission for my FM antenna. Amateur radio antennas are strictly forbidden here, though they won't stop us using portable equipment and small antennas on non-permanent structures.

Since certain antennas are considered to be a necessity these days, i.e. FM and DAB antennas for instance, could you get permission to get something put up? I guess your landlady won't be willing to accept this. Or would she?

We had to go through a lot of hoops to get our permission, including sitting with the housing officers for an hour to go through why we wanted an additional external antenna. This 'interview' wasn't a requirement, but they took a genuine interest as we were the first people they had come across who had asked for permission to erect amateur radio antennas and they were keen to learn more. It was good of them to take an interest.

So, we are allowed a maximum of two external antennas. Since we don't watch live TV anymore we have no use for a satellite dish. The other TV antenna has come down and I have a flag as my second antenna on the front garden, though that is not technically a fixture.

It's all very annoying.

Alex Lawler

Post by Alex Lawler » 22 Oct 2014 16:22

It's not the landlord unfortunately. It's an unpleasant manager of a property management group. Basically we have one supplied communal aerial which we all have to use. It's so annoying John as I know you can testify to as well with your situation . I don't have loud parties or cause any problems. My one hobby is dxing and it makes me public enemy number one :roll: Anyway the collinear still makes night time appearances when no one's around and the portable moonraker will have to poke out the window. Where there's a will there's a way :)
Icom 2730e
Roberts 93i
Sangean Dpr 69
Grundig G5

Return to “Antennas”