Help to buy antenna...

FM antenna discussion
dxradiofan

Help to buy antenna...

Post by dxradiofan » 14 Mar 2016 01:39

Antennenland will not ship this to the UK so does anyone of a supplier who would ?

http://www.antennenland.net/3H-VHF-VF-16LOG

satnipper

Re: Help to buy antenna...

Post by satnipper » 14 Mar 2016 10:55

Despite claiming to be a 16 element that looks like an 8 element to me. Blake in the UK do a 10 element with the same gain figure - price will be more than 23 euros though.

Stuart

k6sti

Post by k6sti » 14 Mar 2016 11:44

I believe the gain figure for the Antennenland log-periodic is overstated by about 2.5 dB. Here's a DAB antenna of similar size you can build yourself that goes to 240 MHz, has 50Ω impedance, and has higher real gain:

http://ham-radio.com/k6sti/dab.htm

Note that gain in dBi = gain in dBd + 2.15 dB.

Brian

dxradiofan

Post by dxradiofan » 14 Mar 2016 21:44

Thans for the replies, still would like to obtain this one though, I presume it's already fully assembled otherwise I see no reason not to send it to any country really...as for the blake one actually the 12 element I would'nt mind, but it's £80... ouch :(

satnipper

Post by satnipper » 14 Mar 2016 22:03

Why don't you email or ring them and ask what the issue is? The postage would probably be more than the cost of the antenna.

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 15 Mar 2016 00:12

That's the issue. It's often the longer lengths which increases the postage costs.

Do you know anybody in Germany who could buy this and post to you? Obviously this would increase the costs further, but if you are keen to have this particular antenna.

Personally, Brian's information would probably sway my decision to try to build one myself. Well, that's if I was so inclined. I just wouldn't have the time these days so I too would opt to buy one ready made if possible.

dxradiofan

Post by dxradiofan » 15 Mar 2016 01:59

satnipper wrote:Why don't you email or ring them and ask what the issue is? The postage would probably be more than the cost of the antenna.
Oh I did ask this, had an email from them a few weeks ago quoted below...I don't see that for a fairly light aluminuium package re shipping it's 100% true what they say but there you go :-

"because the antenna is quite fragile, the parcel is XXL size and it is very difficult and very time consuming to get it packed stable enough for abroad transportation to avoid damages and refunds. So, the shipping (and handling) costs would exceed the product price by a multiple"

dxradiofan

Post by dxradiofan » 15 Mar 2016 02:04

John Faulkner wrote:That's the issue. It's often the longer lengths which increases the postage costs.

Do you know anybody in Germany who could buy this and post to you? Obviously this would increase the costs further, but if you are keen to have this particular antenna.

Personally, Brian's information would probably sway my decision to try to build one myself. Well, that's if I was so inclined. I just wouldn't have the time these days so I too would opt to buy one ready made if possible.
Ah I wish I did know someone in Germany but alas I don't...I guess I have the time to build one but not the inclination, at the moment anyway !

k6sti

Post by k6sti » 15 Mar 2016 16:48

Sven Jacobson, who owned the VHF Teknik AB antenna manufacturing company in Sweden for many years, has one of the Antennenland LPDAs. He does not recommend it because of the way the elements are mounted. They have ribbed ends and are simply pushed through holes in the booms. You can see this if you enlarge the third Antennenland photo and look carefully. Sven thinks it's a very unreliable design.

Brian

dxradiofan

Post by dxradiofan » 15 Mar 2016 21:49

HMm oh well still like to get one but impossible it seems...

Return to “Antennas”