Korner 9.2 from Antennenland - in stock

FM antenna discussion
daveB

Korner 9.2 from Antennenland - in stock

Post by daveB » 13 Nov 2015 13:46

Just happened to go to their web-site and spotted they have a limited quantity of these in stock "do not hesitate"
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, SB920s, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele compact yagi on rotator at 18ft agl. FM5 facing east, FM5 facing south, FM3 facing NE, OIRT dipole, 3-ele Moxon vertical facing east.

Nick Gilly

Re: Korner 9.2 from Antennenland - in stock

Post by Nick Gilly » 13 Nov 2015 14:29

Alex Cator had better hurry up and buy one then ;)
Good DX.

Nick, Whitchurch, Hampshire.

BW Broadcast RBRX Encore, Kenwood L-1000T, Yamaha T-2, Denon TU-800L, Kenwood KT-1100SD (modified), Yamaha T-85, Sony XDR-F1HD tuners, horizontal Körner 9.2 beam (Antennenland version), Yaesu G-450C rotator

Alex Cator

Post by Alex Cator » 13 Nov 2015 19:53

Nick Gilly wrote:Alex Cator had better hurry up and buy one then ;)
Thanks Nick. Assuming I'm gonna get a Körner 9.2, I need to think about my mounting options, rotators, etc, etc, and buy the antenna ASAP! It may be on test where my FM3 currently is, on top of the washing line pole, but I want the thing on the roof very soon.
Who would put the Körner 9.2 on my roof, just out of curiosity? Maybe I could so kindly let Andy do it like he did with JF? :)

Alex Cator
East Harling, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Home: Sony ST-SB920 (modified), Sony XDR-S10HDiP, Onkyo T-4970, Ford 5000 RDS, horizontal Triax FM3
Mobile: Ford Fiesta (Style, 2013) and Ford Focus (2012) car radios
Portable: Tecsun PL-390, Grundig G5 (2 x 110kHz), Etón G8

daveB

Post by daveB » 14 Nov 2015 13:19

Who would put the Körner 9.2 on my roof,
An aerial contractor :lol: - but it is finding a decent one. You need to find someone who has been in the business for 20-30 years, is well established and has a decent reputation. You might go into your nearest Hughes electrical shop and ask who they use to do their aerial installations - as they are unlikely to use a 'cowboy'.

Radioworld is still offering the AR-303X lightweight rotator at £120. http://www.radioworld.co.uk/ar-303x_lig ... ry=rotator

Whether you would consider the Korner 9.2 a lightweight aerial I don't know, but my old (long gone) Hirschmann rotator of similar design happily handled 4 x Triax grid UHF aerials. This rotator is a a third of the price of the next one up - and if it lasts a couple of years and needs replacing you consider it a fair trade off. If you went for this model I would definitely not mount the aerial on more than a 2ft / 600 mm stub mast to avoid excessive force. I use the equivalent model with a 5 ele yagi for the last two years.
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, SB920s, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele compact yagi on rotator at 18ft agl. FM5 facing east, FM5 facing south, FM3 facing NE, OIRT dipole, 3-ele Moxon vertical facing east.

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 14 Nov 2015 16:49

I have used four aerial contractors since moving to Skegness. ALL of them were cowboys. One even featured on TV's Watchdog. Be careful of anything with an 0800 number or claim to be a national company and use Mansfield area phone numbers (01623). The company based in Mansfield or Mansfield Woodhouse have been known to use different names, so AVOID. I'd probably advise avoiding Mansfield anyway as I used to live there. It's an excrement hole.

A reasonable price to pay would seem to be around £50 or £60 upwards, but this is probably bordering on cheap and cheerful. You might be lucky though.

You will need to have all the cabling ready, antenna and rotator fixed on to the mast, ready for the aerial bod to put up. All he is doing is putting brackets on your wall and affixing a mast. The fittings may be heavier duty, larger TK brackets, etc., but it's basically the same thing. The additional weight of it all may require an extra bod though and so incur a higher cost, but just do your bod research first.

Could this be a Christmas present this year Alex? :) Now there's a thought ;)

Jim (Bournemouth)

Post by Jim (Bournemouth) » 16 Nov 2015 20:40

I went through Check-A Trade for the aerial contractor that I now use. (as well as a heating engineer, a window fitter and external walls work)
He has been excellent, helped me install my Tennamast (cost me about 120 quid but that included moving my satellite dish, about 3 hours work in all), and put my vertical up for me on the side of the house as well another day for about £45. Decent price too.

You shouldnt get a cowboy if you go through Check-A_Trade.

Also agree with John re. preparation work, we did that with Nick Gilly's installation as well, saves a lot of ball-ache
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

Elad FDM-S2, Perseus/FM+ and Funcube Dongle SDR Recievers 8-element OP-DES for Band 2, 12-ele ZL Special for 2m, plus wideband vertical

cristian.puddu

Post by cristian.puddu » 27 Apr 2016 19:38

Is Balun included in commercial 9.2?
I bought this antenna last winter and I would mount it these days...
Can I simply connect the cable RG6 to the connector F?
Thanks
Cristian
QTH: Musei, South Sardinia (Italy) - RX: Kenwood 6040 - Sony XDR-F1HD XDR-GTK - RKB log 10 element H - Körner 9.2 pol. H

Peter Körner

Post by Peter Körner » 03 May 2016 19:44

>Is Balun included in commercial 9.2?

Yes, it is a transformer balun mounted on a small board inside the dipole box.
There is a F type socket where you can connect a 75 Ohm coax using a F type plug.

Peter

Pascal Duval

Post by Pascal Duval » 03 May 2016 21:21

I have a 9.2 korner since a few months along with also a yaesu G5500 but because of the récent winter winds in France and not having now the free time both items are still in the packaging . I am seriously thinking for taking the 9.2 to Gran Canaries next week for trying DX FM but maybe it will not be allowed on the plane ? A friend has advised i registre the antenne as baggage spéciale under fishing équipement and normally i will not be charged but with all the problèmes like with Paris attacks last year and Bruxelles recentrement maybe the airline company will refuse acceptance ?

Pascal

satnipper

Post by satnipper » 03 May 2016 22:09

Most fly-in fly-out amateur expeditions tend to pack kit in ski bags.

Return to “Antennas”