Quick review ...
I got this radio this week, and managed to use it every day so that I can bring a first return of experience.
First, I had read it was deaf on LW.
I can attest that it could clearly receive RTL, Europe1 and BBC (although signal is weak ... I'm living in Belgium)
Maybe it was not as good as, for example, the DEGEN 1103, but it was perfectly fine for me.
Then, about the following points:
- Sound quality: i'd say it was ok, better than the PL-380 (which kinda sucks), worst than the Degen 1103. Volume is enough, bass is not present, but I can live with it.
- Ease of use: not so good, as some stuff is rather awkward, like the presets memory pages. Also, switching from AM to SSB is SLOW. Takes several seconds. On this point alone, I think they could re-engineer the whole stuff and a lot of things could be enhanced.
- Sensitivity: This was good, but maybe not as good as the Tecsun PL-380 or Degen 1103.
- Selectivity: Yes ! With a lot of IF Filters, this thing is brilliant.
- Bands coverage: definitely very nice. The addition of AIR band is a nice bonus. And we can use an externa antenna. Nice ! Also, FM is stereo using the headphones jack.
- Extra features: no mp3 player, or BT capability. But again, I'd prefer to use a dedicated device with a lot of "oomph" for that.
All in all, i'm happy with it but I think there's quite a lot room for enhancement, on usability side, first.
This is perfect pocket radio I'd probably bring with me at my next holiday destination.
But other radios are much easier to use.
We must however take the price into account, and this radio is really cheap (I paid about 65€) and offers a lot for your money.
Final score: 8/10.
I hope this helped