Consumer-ready Titus II SDR Receiver

FM receiver discussion
Julian Hardstone
Site Admin

Consumer-ready Titus II SDR Receiver

Post by Julian Hardstone » 15 Mar 2017 15:50

Panama manufacturer PantronX has announced that it is taking pre-orders for their new SDR-based domestic radio which is due to go on sale 'this quarter' (2017) for under $100. The main feature is that it supports DRM (and analog) reception on MW/SW, plus analog FM and internet radio
http://titusradio.com/

pe1etr

Re: Consumer-ready Titus II SDR Receiver

Post by pe1etr » 15 Mar 2017 17:00

Julian Hardstone wrote:
15 Mar 2017 15:50
Panama manufacturer PantronX has announced that it is taking pre-orders for their new SDR-based domestic radio which is due to go on sale 'this quarter' (2017) for under $100. The main feature is that it supports DRM (and analog) reception on MW/SW, plus analog FM and internet radio
http://titusradio.com/
They announced that a while ago* and decided to manufacture it in China.

They better hurry up if it is going to be on sale this quarter ;)

* Edit 15th January 2017, and cited Chinese New Year as been a source of delay.

Tim Bucknall

Post by Tim Bucknall » 05 Nov 2017 08:31

I hadn't realized what price bracket this was going to be in when I commented before and compared it to my Reuter electronic pocket rx.
at this price it's a must

But I will wait until someone actually has one in their hands before I commit, it seems to be taking a while to materialize, they will need to find a work around to stop the display screen interfering with band 2
Rx: Burkhardt Reuter RDR54D1, Elad FDM-S2, Airspy HF+ w/ CLP 5130 Log P ant on rooftop rotator V/H polarization options. Pira P275 RDS analyser

Tim Bucknall

Post by Tim Bucknall » 21 Feb 2018 16:31

The would be buyers are getting narked, its still not materialized
Rx: Burkhardt Reuter RDR54D1, Elad FDM-S2, Airspy HF+ w/ CLP 5130 Log P ant on rooftop rotator V/H polarization options. Pira P275 RDS analyser

Tim Bucknall

Post by Tim Bucknall » 31 Jul 2018 08:39

I'm happy to say my cynicism was wrong
Radio user reports it will be ready by years end

If price is still crazy low it will be an experimenters dream

Tim Bucknall

Post by Tim Bucknall » 17 Apr 2019 11:04

no, i was right to be cynical apparently!

"It is around, but you can't actually purchase it. It's made for charitable services only."

"It does exist but only for donation at China listeners. See www.radiosfortheworld.com and click on China. Just a way to rise money. If not put on sale it's probably because it would cause a lot of complaints from paying customers"

"Hi William. I read somewhere that they have a problem with the software or hardware. They want HD radio to work apparently and the Android operating system is causing some problems."

http://hfcc.org/delivery/receivers.phtml

Return to “Receivers”