Slovenia 1170 off ?

Report newsworthy items here
PFM907

Slovenia 1170 off ?

Post by PFM907 » 06 Feb 2018 23:39

After having heard very much terrible noise above Radio Capodistria`s signal the past two evenings fading in and out with the station's music, the programme seems to be off completely today. Actually, I am hearing at leat 3 different UK locals now.

Was that their transmitter causing this loud humming sound yesterday or is this lack of reception just due to propagation?
(Conditions can't be so bad today, found back 50 mins. of North Korea in my recording from this afternoon while I was away.)

Maybe a chance to catch TWR Africa from Swaziland, KBS Korea from Kimjae or CNR China from Jijan if this situation´s about to last a few days. If it is their tx. (and not some home device interfering locally on this frequency), that might take a week or so to get it repaired. What makes me suspicious is the fact that I have not read anything about problems with the Beli Krish (=white cross) location. btw. Radio Koper on 549 is working fine these days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paradisefm - Malta's N° 1 in dance and electronic
qths: Sliema MLT / Bavaria / Nth GER / Keitum-Sylt

useful: mwlist.org / intervalsignals.net / asiawaves.net / fmlist.org

John Faulkner, Skegness

Re: Slovenia 1170 off ?

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 07 Feb 2018 02:13

Probably no help, but I checked my overnight files for the 4th, 5th and 6th and Swansea Sound dominates 1170, as always. No hum was heard. I haven't received Radio Capidistria on 1170 here for a while.

simbeav

Post by simbeav » 07 Feb 2018 08:55

Yes. On the 3rd, 4th and 5th it was putting out horrendous noise (I don't have recordings before then). Today it is gone.
I've always wondered about its power. Overnight it usually wipes out Swansea sound here which is only about 40 miles from me.

Franco Martelli

Post by Franco Martelli » 08 Feb 2018 16:13

According to italradio.org, the vice director of RTV Slovenija for Italian language broadcasting, Antonio Rocco, has declared last Tusdeay that there wasn't no clear news about the extent of the break down..
As soon as the technicians will identify his cause, RTV Slovenia will inform the listeners on the matter.

http://portale.italradio.org/index.php? ... y&sid=4026
Rx: Degen DE-1103, Sangean ATS-909

PFM907

Post by PFM907 » 08 Feb 2018 22:54

After 2 days of absence, Radio CP by RTV SLO is now back again for today. I do not know if it is some replacement transmitter actually in use now or if they are temporary on reduced power? Maybe it is due to using the antenna system of 549 Radio Koper but their signal seems weaker now and not as powerful as before. This afternoon, it also seemed to be some replacement programme as there was traffic news by RAI aired (for Garda Lake / Verona / Padova area) followed by an old recording of some opera or sth?! AM was = to webradio. Now at night it is clearly audible but does still not reach old signal quality, with few drop outs whilst UK locals can be heard. Pls. find a shot comparing the sound before and after the crash here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZYcL1GYqS0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paradisefm - Malta's N° 1 in dance and electronic
qths: Sliema MLT / Bavaria / Nth GER / Keitum-Sylt

useful: mwlist.org / intervalsignals.net / asiawaves.net / fmlist.org

Franco Martelli

Post by Franco Martelli » 11 Feb 2018 18:57

Hello, I think (me too) that Capodistria's signal is a little weaker than before the restoration of transmitter, while the Slovenian broadcast on 549 khz seems still on the same power: but I don't have instruments to prove it, it's only my impression.

But, apart this, nothing has changed: the transmitter is the same and also the mast (both 549 and 1170 are aired as usual from the antenna who lies not far from the sea of Beli Kriz/Croce Bianca https://www.google.com/maps/@45.5211695 ... 312!8i6656).

And also the traffic news you've heard seems the one normally broadcasted by Radio Capodistria concerning the motorway network owned by Autovie https://infotraffico.autovie.it/ (it's not a rebroadcasting of Rai, though).
Rx: Degen DE-1103, Sangean ATS-909

Return to “News”