KXEL received in Las Palmas

Post by pe1etr » 07 Mar 2018 07:50

https://youtu.be/L5hLBlqifig

Peter Wilson
Las Palmas

simbeav

Re: KXEL received in Las Palmas

Post by simbeav » 07 Mar 2018 08:11

That's some great results that you are getting out there Peter. I remember in the late 70's getting some good TA signals on a 2001D from Tenerife, but a by the mid 80s the noise levels had become stupid. That was in a hotel, in a very built up area, though. You seem to have a good spot. I seem to remmeber getting a few Brazilians as well. It could be worth trying for something further South. Simon

pe1etr

Re: KXEL received in Las Palmas

Post by pe1etr » 07 Mar 2018 09:40

simbeav wrote:
07 Mar 2018 08:11
That's some great results that you are getting out there Peter. I remember in the late 70's getting some good TA signals on a 2001D from Tenerife, but a by the mid 80s the noise levels had become stupid. That was in a hotel, in a very built up area, though. You seem to have a good spot. I seem to remmeber getting a few Brazilians as well. It could be worth trying for something further South. Simon
Thanks Simon.
MW reception is very difficult inside the flat.
The seafront should in theory be good, although the sound of the waves crashing on the beach makes it difficult to hear anything, and there is a lot of hash too. That is why I have been checking open spaces. KXEL was recorded at a different one.

Nothing in PP yet, but the local terrain in that direction and the concrete buildings are a problem. There were several 'new' NA stations this morning.

MW is virtually empty here, so when conditions are good I get several stations, not just one or two like in the UK on a portable.
I left my Perseus in the UK so no spectrum recording.

Peter

Return to “Medium Wave & Long Wave”