Hello from North/East Netherlands

Medcon

Hello from North/East Netherlands

Post by Medcon » 22 Oct 2016 20:10

Hi everyone,
Some time ago i picked up the shortwave listening again. I am retired, so time enough.
A long time ago i had a Racal 17L with 40 meter wire antenna and can remember what a great feeling it was to sit in front of the receiver and suddenly heard: From the mediteranien, this is the voice of peace.

Now it was time to get such a feeling again, i bought a receiver and an active antenna and started listening but noticed that a lot of stations were gone but the MW was still very busy so my interest will go there.
Bought me an Perseus SDR and a Wellbroek ALA 1530 LNP and started listening and was surprised i could MW stations from USA and Canada, the good feeling was there again.

I live in Appingedam in the North/East of the Netherlands.
Made some recordings of the stations i received with my phone in front of the laptop, there is probably a better way to do that but it works.
Made a YouTube channel so i can upload the recordings, the first one is there, i will put the link in the MW section of the forum and any comment on it is welcome, maybe i can improve the things.

Gerard
Perseus SDR
Wellbrook ALA 1530 LNP

John Faulkner, Skegness

Re: Hello from North/East Netherlands

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 23 Oct 2016 19:06

It's great to have you with us Gerard.

Interesting to read about your early experiences in the radio hobby. I don't think I ever heard the Voice of Peace, but the short waves were a fascinating place for a beginner. Instant world-wide reception!

You could record your screen with Bandicam. It's a free screen and audio recording app which is fairly simple to use. You are restricted to 10 minutes recording time with the free version, however.

YouTube is great, but their software will recognise any copyrighted music and ban your video or block the audio. I use Vimeo for recordings which contain music. YouTube is quick and simple and lets the user have unlimited uploads, while Vimeo has some upload quantity restrictions.

Looking forward to seeing more of your videos! :)

Medcon

Re: Hello from North/East Netherlands

Post by Medcon » 23 Oct 2016 21:16

Thank you for your nice response on my introduction John.

I will try the programs you mentioned and give them a try.

Gerard
Perseus SDR
Wellbrook ALA 1530 LNP

Return to “Introduce Yourself”