Hello everyone ...

pd1air

Hello everyone ...

Post by pd1air » 28 Jun 2015 13:57

Hi , im new on this forum but not in dx work ..
My name is gert , and i,m situated in the north part of the netherlands .
I,m a active Ham , call PD 1 AIR , but also very interested in fm broadcast dx .
For this i use a 10 element yagi horizontally polarized , mounted 26 metres above ground level.
Also i,m active on the 35 cm band wbfm dx .
I,m going to take a quick look around here .

<73 Gert

John Faulkner, Skegness

Re: Hello everyone ...

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 28 Jun 2015 14:20

Welcome Gert.

Nice to see you here.

Good DX!

Andrew Webster,Wigan

Post by Andrew Webster,Wigan » 28 Jun 2015 15:40

Welcome to the forum Gert.

Andy
Receiving equipment: 2 Sony ST-S311, 1 Sony ST-SE520, 1 Sony ST-SE700 2 crossed FM 5s rotatable, 1 homemade FM 3 horizontal beaming S/E, 1 vertical FM 3 fixed beaming at Ireland, 2 element band 1.

Alex Cator

Post by Alex Cator » 28 Jun 2015 21:58

Welcome, Gert! I am Alex, from the county of Norfolk in England which has a very big proximity to the Netherlands. I receive IJsselstein, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Goes, and probably more from Holland when my Triax FM3 antenna is vertical. 97.6 Radio Decibel, Rotterdam (mixed) is there all the time when my FM3 is horizontal. My county has lots to do with the Netherlands, the Dutch helped drain the marshes over here. We also get very good reception of Dutch radio in the summer, although fluttery, but often with RDS. Dutch stations come in like locals when there is a tropo lift towards the east.
I am aware you should receive the BBC transmitter Tacolneston under flat conditions, which is available easily on the Dutch coast, and it is my local transmitter here in the UK.

Cheers from Alex
East Harling, Norfolk, United Kingdom (JO02LK)
Home: Sony ST-SB920 (modified), Sony XDR-S10HDiP, Onkyo T-4970, Ford 5000 RDS, horizontal Triax FM3
Mobile: Ford Fiesta (Style, 2013) and Ford Focus (2012) car radios
Portable: Tecsun PL-390, Grundig G5 (2 x 110kHz), Etón G8

Julian Hardstone
Site Admin

Post by Julian Hardstone » 29 Jun 2015 09:44

Hi Gert, that sounds like a wonderful antenna installation, presumably out in the countryside. I remember how the Netherlands countryside was covered with such big antennas on tall masts, before Satellite TV made them obsolete.
It would be interesting to see your bandscan log, and I'm sure many of the UK QRO tx are regulars with you, in any gaps in your crowded band

- Julian

Alex Cator

Post by Alex Cator » 29 Jun 2015 10:52

Julian Hardstone wrote:Hi Gert, that sounds like a wonderful antenna installation, presumably out in the countryside. I remember how the Netherlands countryside was covered with such big antennas on tall masts, before Satellite TV made them obsolete.
It would be interesting to see your bandscan log, and I'm sure many of the UK QRO tx are regulars with you, in any gaps in your crowded band

- Julian
Aah yes, the FM band is crowded in the Netherlands. I forgot that. I'm going on holiday to the Netherlands this summer, and I'm going to make sure my Grundig G5 and Sony ST-SB920 are fitted with the narrow filters. Of course, Julian, I'm going to follow your advice about 80k narrow filters in the 920. I will need to do something to reduce the signal leakage past CF231. Talking of my 920, I cutted JW72 and JW75 so there is no tune mute, and the front-end is aligned for best sensitivity to weak stations. Back to the G5, I'd love to receive 99.3 BBC R1 from Tacolneston despite 99.4 Radio Royaal from The Hague. What a great pity they messed up Tac in the area, but I doubt they have any choice considering there's not much space on their band. With a slight lift, on the car radio in the Pleasure Beach car park in Great Yarmouth, the band is crowded, mainly of stations from the Netherlands and Belgium. There's probably a lot under flat conditions too.
Home: Sony ST-SB920 (modified), Sony XDR-S10HDiP, Onkyo T-4970, Ford 5000 RDS, horizontal Triax FM3
Mobile: Ford Fiesta (Style, 2013) and Ford Focus (2012) car radios
Portable: Tecsun PL-390, Grundig G5 (2 x 110kHz), Etón G8

Return to “Introduce Yourself”