Post by pe1etr »

https://youtu.be/sNZ6MnhLHBQ
FM Co-Channel Canceller strikes again.

Check your old Es IQ WAV files chaps.

Peter

daveB

Re: Radio Maryja behind Radio Plus Lublin from a 2019 Es file

Post by daveB »

Very interesting and clever development. I managed to eliminate a strong Polish stand on 94.7 to reveal France Blue Nord! OK it's only a local station - but it proves it works. More testing to see if when a strong signal is eliminated the RDS data from a weaker signal will come through. What I did find is the RDS from Azer FM came through nicely, with the FM Camceller set up for RMF from Poland, but not sure if that was because RMF had faded anyway.

The only I have with SDR# 1772 is that with the FilePlayer the Frequency Control option has no effect. On SDR#1655, with the waterfall widened out I can click on a specific spot on a frequency, on the waterfall, and it moves to that frequency/time. On build 1772 it won't change frequency, but will move to the time on the pre-selected frequency. Do you have the same issue Peter?
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, ST311, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele yagi 20ft agl - 70 deg. FM5 - 80 deg, 5.1 Yagi 16ft agl - 120 degFM5 -180 deg. Vert 3-ele Moxon - 80 deg. Shielded magnetic loop 0.1-200 MHz - 10 ft agl

daveB

Post by daveB »

Very interesting and clever development. I managed to eliminate a strong Polish stand on 94.7 to reveal France Blue Nord! OK it's only a local station - but it proves it works. More testing to see if when a strong signal is eliminated the RDS data from a weaker signal will come through. What I did find is the RDS from Azer FM came through nicely, with the FM Canceller set up for RMF from Poland, but I'm not sure if that was because RMF had faded anyway.

The only I problem I have with SDR# 1772 is that with the FilePlayer the Frequency Control option has no effect. On SDR#1655, with the waterfall widened out I can click on a specific spot on a frequency, on the waterfall, and it moves to that frequency/time. On build 1772 it won't change frequency, but will move to the time on the pre-selected frequency. Do you have the same issue Peter?
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, ST311, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele yagi 20ft agl - 70 deg. FM5 - 80 deg, 5.1 Yagi 16ft agl - 120 degFM5 -180 deg. Vert 3-ele Moxon - 80 deg. Shielded magnetic loop 0.1-200 MHz - 10 ft agl

pe1etr

Post by pe1etr »

I think you are in repeat mode Dave, I answered you on my "OIRT" thread.

daveB

Post by daveB »

pe1etr wrote:
05 Nov 2020 03:24
That is totally weird! But it explains why I thought my post hadn't appeared, I'd taken the precaution, based on past experience of copying before submitting. Somehow I ended up on your OIRT thread and re-posted. But it doesn't explain the double post here. Oh well......

Something else I noticed with 1772 - in the SDR sharp x86 folder there is no longer a file called FrontEnd.xml so there is no means of substituting the 'old' wav.player file. You can only have the in-built options. I'm sure that has been done to kill of the 'hack' that allowed SDRPlay SDRs to use later versions (works on 1702 but no benefit over the legit 1361 build).

I use build 1655 for File Player.

pe1etr

Post by pe1etr »

daveB wrote:
05 Nov 2020 08:52
pe1etr wrote:
05 Nov 2020 03:24
That is totally weird! But it explains why I thought my post hadn't appeared, I'd taken the precaution, based on past experience of copying before submitting. Somehow I ended up on your OIRT thread and re-posted. But it doesn't explain the double post here. Oh well......

Something else I noticed with 1772 - in the SDR sharp x86 folder there is no longer a file called FrontEnd.xml so there is no means of substituting the 'old' wav.player file. You can only have the in-built options. I'm sure that has been done to kill of the 'hack' that allowed SDRPlay SDRs to use later versions (works on 1702 but no benefit over the legit 1361 build).

I use build 1655 for File Player.
Blame it on technology Dave.
Yes correct, the access to frontends.xml was removed due to a couple of numpties asking about issues when using SDRplay with SDR# on the Airspy/SDR# IO group. Vasili's file player is now integrated into Sources in SDR#. He still hasn't addressed the frequency control problem.
SDRplay has always worked in 1430, which has I and Q the right way around.

Peter

John Faulkner, Skegness
Site Owner

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness »

Top DXers are rubbishing this station cancellation thing, yet there is clearly a lot of mileage in it. It's not a new idea and I don't know if there is new technology behind this version, but I worry that it will get pushed into the background and forgotten about again when it clearly works wonders in certain cases.

I may have missed so much on this subject as I don't have time to read many posts these days, but thank you Peter for bringing this to the fore. I would love to know if it works with weaker signals. i.e. fair (not weak) and particularly with unstable signals on medium wave. I would guess that it can't.

daveB

Post by daveB »

the access to frontends.xml was removed due to a couple of numpties asking about issues when using SDRplay with SDR# on the Airspy/SDR# IO group.
Mostly because someone had written a hack that allowed SDRPlay devices to work with the later versions of Airspy, by disguising it as a UHP/USRP device.

One thing I did notice when I went to download the latest version was that there is an installer to automatically install 'all' the plugins including a plug in for the LimeSDR which is very interesting. I wonder if it will have full functionality with all the other plugins?

pe1etr

Post by pe1etr »

daveB wrote:
06 Nov 2020 11:33
the access to frontends.xml was removed due to a couple of numpties asking about issues when using SDRplay with SDR# on the Airspy/SDR# IO group.
Mostly because someone had written a hack that allowed SDRPlay devices to work with the later versions of Airspy, by disguising it as a UHP/USRP device.

One thing I did notice when I went to download the latest version was that there is an installer to automatically install 'all' the plugins including a plug in for the LimeSDR which is very interesting. I wonder if it will have full functionality with all the other plugins?
Yes, i was referring to the USRP/UHD hack.
I don't download the community version with all the plug-ins, as there are often issues with some of them since the updates. Most of them I don't need. MPX Output, baseband recorder and IF Processor can be added manually, which are the only ones I need now that Vasili's file player Baseband (Vasili) is included as a source.

Peter

Return to “VHF Band 2, OIRT & DAB”