July 16th SpE opening

daveB

July 16th SpE opening

Post by daveB » 17 Jul 2018 10:15

For me this was a low level event that spanned around 3 hours - from 0945 to just after 1300 UTC. Most of time the reception only just reached RDS levels with the most extended reception coming from Algeria. A few Spanish stations were captured with the scanning setup along with a few Tunisian, the rest came from I/Q files.

So far the SpE season has proved to be the worst of the four years in which I've been fully active. Reception areas a much different to 2017 - favouring the South (150-220 deg from my location. Italy has been almost conspicuous by it's absence and only a couple of openings to the East.

I've got on unidentified station from yesterday. It is from Algeria as there is a web-site address given ending in "dz" which is the suffix for Algeria. In the attached audio clip can anyone identify the station announcement at the end? "Nockahawa FM". It wasn't Chaine 3 or Chaine 1 as I had those on other frequencies. The only other Algerian station listed on that frequency is Radio Djefla but I don't want to make that assumption

https://app.box.com/s/k9ocirihu7dvg1s61llb0ledocdbo794

The usual thanks for any help provided
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, SB920s, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele compact yagi on rotator at 18ft agl. FM5 facing east, FM5 facing south, FM3 facing NE, OIRT dipole, 3-ele Moxon vertical facing east.

pe1etr

Re: July 16th SpE opening

Post by pe1etr » 18 Jul 2018 05:47

Dave,
I'm sure the YL says Djelfa near the end of the clip.

Peter

daveB

Re: July 16th SpE opening

Post by daveB » 18 Jul 2018 19:19

Thanks Peter,

So re-listening to the YL I get ...."point Facebook point com slash knaka point Djelfa" followed by "....point knaka point dee zed"

Interesting observation I got R Djelfa on 91.1 on 18 Jul - a weaker signal but this time I got the PI code.

Using the voice input to Google translate it translated the first bit about the best way to message the station - but fell over on the rest.
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, SB920s, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele compact yagi on rotator at 18ft agl. FM5 facing east, FM5 facing south, FM3 facing NE, OIRT dipole, 3-ele Moxon vertical facing east.

Return to “VHF Band 2, OIRT & DAB”