The end of Studio1

SDR software discussion
satnipper

The end of Studio1

Post by satnipper » 03 Jul 2016 18:14

Dear Studio 1 users,

as you probably already know the English company SDRplay Ltd. acquired the rights to Studio 1 in April 2016.

However, as part of the agreement I have been granted a perpetual licence to continue developing and selling the program thru the usual channels.

So currently there are two “incarnations” of Studio 1: the SDRplay version renamed “SRDuno” targeted to be used with SDRplay hardware and the original Studio 1 that you know well.

I will provide full support, including spare dongles etc. for an indefinite time to all current and future users of Studio 1; the program itself will be still available.

Further more, when possible I will continue the development of the program although I have to warn you that this is no more (sadly) my full time job.

Years of attacks to my person and to the software, lies and malicious posts on various forums ans sites including “eham.net” (that to me has lost ANY credibility as a serious web site for hams as they refuse to correct obviously inaccuracies, even about a product price) have taken their toll: I prefer from the time being to offer my skills to the electronic industry where I can peacefully work day by day.

To those that are somehow responsible for the current situation, you have something to think about it (maybe or maybe not).

Of course I will follow this group as usual: in this respect, please remember that this is still my group so any inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.

Best regards
Sandro Sfregola

Patrick73

Re: The end of Studio1

Post by Patrick73 » 05 Jul 2016 11:56

To be honest, I'm a bit disappounted, not to say angry ...

Studio 1 users have been waiting for a "major update" (these were Sandro's words) for about a year.
And now we learn that maybe one fine day there will be something new ... No deadline, no concrete details.
OK, Studio 1 is a great piece of software but when you make a promise to customers you have to keep it.
On the other hand, SDRplay users must be happy considering what the RSP Team intends to do (I took part to their 1st webinar' and found it very interesting).
Patrick
Main interests : NDB, MW & FM DX'ing
REU Editor http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/reu

satnipper

Re: The end of Studio1

Post by satnipper » 05 Jul 2016 18:25

It was very obvious that you could not believe a single word Sandro was saying in relation to Studio 1. It's the same story with Nico and V5 of the Perseus software. Waiting nearly a year now for a beta or final version. Don't hold your breath...

Return to “SDR Software”