SDR File Alalyser "Encountered an impoper argument"

SDR software discussion
John Faulkner, Skegness

SDR File Alalyser "Encountered an impoper argument"

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 11 Aug 2018 10:34

I recorded overnight for meteor scatter. This morning, when running SDR Radio's File Analyser to look at the overnight recordings, all I got was an error message saying "Encountered an impoper argument".

So all recordings are lost?

This is the first time I have seen this error. I ran the FDM-S2 "WavHeaderManager" software, but it is obviously not a file header issue.

No settings were changed beforehand / since yesterday - when this worked perfectly.

The files play fine in the FDM-S2, so what is the problem? Anybody know?

Thanks.

simbeav

Re: SDR File Alalyser "Encountered an impoper argument"

Post by simbeav » 12 Aug 2018 10:26

Have you got an old file you can try - Give that a go. It will give an indication as to whether it is the file or the installation.

Does it happen straight away ? If it is the file, you can try processing from a later file in the sequence. It may just be the first file that has an issue.

Otherwise, try Simon on the SDR mailing list.

John Faulkner, Skegness

Re: SDR File Alalyser "Encountered an impoper argument"

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 12 Aug 2018 21:57

Suddenly, File Analyser is working again on all files. Again, I changed nothing.

I was actually testing this while chatting to Nick G on the phone. I was trying different files and they were coming up with the same error message. Suddenly, one file started being analysed. Then all the others did. Work that one out!

Return to “SDR Software”