SDRPlay RSP1A 'rip-off'

SDR Receivers, chat, software, filesharing
daveB

SDRPlay RSP1A 'rip-off'

Post by daveB »

It's one thing 'cloning' the discontinued RSP1, but it something else entirely to pass off a rip-off the current RSP1A.

I came across this when searching for 14 bit SDRs.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Haude-10KHz-2G ... B08DR5472B
When you read the detailed product description it is obvious to me that they have 'lifted' this from an SDRPlay document as the following should illustrate:
Due to its exceptional combination of performance and price, the RSP1 has proved to be a very popular choice as an "entry level" SDR receiver. Since launching the RSP1, we have learned a great deal about what people are looking for in SDR receivers, and where possible, we have incorporated these improvements and new features into the RSP1A.
Can SDRPlay do anything about this - at least get Amazon to de-list it? I wonder how it compares to the genuine RSP1A and whether it even has the same functionality.
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, ST311, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele yagi 20ft agl - 70 deg. FM5 - 80 deg, 5.1 Yagi 16ft agl - 120 degFM5 -180 deg. Vert 3-ele Moxon - 80 deg. Shielded magnetic loop 0.1-200 MHz - 10 ft agl

DXMon

Re: SDRPlay RSP1A 'rip-off'

Post by DXMon »

What does this mean? Does it mean that the new product under different name and model as SDRPlay selling in Amazon in much less the price is the same thing as the current RSP1A?

DXMon

Re: SDRPlay RSP1A 'rip-off'

Post by DXMon »

If that is what I understood from the OP, then I read somewhere that it is fake RSP1A.
Not sure if it is true or not. Or which allegation is the truth I am not sure at all.

Return to “SDRs”